Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Re: Marseille Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 13, 2009)

When is the draw added on the website? It should be on there, right, noon it was made...
like Truc told before the draw ceremony was postponed to 18:00

Initialement prévu ce samedi 14 février à midi, le tirage au sort du tableau final est reporté à 18h. Le lieu de la cérémonie reste inchangé : le Palais des Sports de Marseille.

http://www.open13.fr/

·
Registered
4,855 Posts

Some news and rumors on the blog of the official website http://blog.open13.fr/ The SE should have been cleared in the night cos it writes Clement no more needs the WC so it remains two WC. A rumor deals with one for Dimitrov, to be confirmed.

Pour faire court, Notre ami Murray a abandonné pour “personnal reason” ainsi qu’Ancic….

Nous trouvons cela bien dommage pour un tenant du titre !!!

Effets en cascade :

- Arnaud Clément ne bénéficie plus de la Wildcard, mais passe en direct sur le tableau final !! Il en serait peut être de même pour Jérémy Chardy….

Il reste donc deux Wildcard à offrir !!

Les bruits de couloirs parle d’un jeune bulgare……. à suivre.

- Le tirage au sort devant avoir lieu à 12H a été reporté à 18h00…..

Quoiqu’il en soit, nous restons trés déçu par l’abandon sans raison particulière de Murray….

PS : Chaque année, les joueurs droits à deux abandon pour “personal reason”. Murray vient de craquer la première.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts

Some news and rumors on the blog of the official website http://blog.open13.fr/ The SE should have been cleared in the night cos it writes Clement no more needs the WC so it remains two WC. bA rumor deals with one for Dimitrov, to be confirmed.
That would be great!

·
Registered
4,855 Posts

5 spots for qualifers ?? Clement kept his WC i suppose while this blog writes the opposite in the morning

·
Registered
373 Posts

Yes, that is odd. There are only 4 Q spots in the Q draw...

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Re: Marseille Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 14, 2009)

I listened to the audio interview of Caujolle (the tournament director) on the tournament website and he explains why he picked Dimitrov rather than Davydenko "who was another option".
He doesn't need to explain why Dimitrov, we got it, I was waiting for his reason not to give a 3rd WC! It doesn't make sense to me.
He could also have given it to Mahut who will be there to play doubles. Nico probably didn't want to take a WC away, just coming back from a long injury break, and he didn't want to go through the qualies, but if nobody was going to get that WC anyway...

·
Registered
12,123 Posts

I listened to the audio interview of Caujolle (the tournament director) on the tournament website and he explains why he picked Dimitrov rather than Davydenko "who was another option".
They refused Davydenko ? they are crazy !! :eek:

·
Registered
17,349 Posts

I know, it's weird, maybe I got it wrong.
I can't be bothered listening to the whole thing again, TBH.

But Davydenko was in talk for the WC during the week, it was already mentioned in the thread. It sounded all the time like he had too many options for the WC.

·
Registered
214 Posts

They refused Davydenko ? they are crazy !! :eek:
Why would they give a WC to Davidenko if he wanted to enter this tournament, with his ranking he would have been seeded #2. The WC are meant to be given to young and promising players such as Dimitrov, that have the qualities but dont have the ranking to get into big tournaments.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts