·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gladiator, I salute you:hatoff:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Youzhny:yeah: It was an entertaining match. And Youzhny looked great in the black and white outfit

·
Registered
414 Posts
Poor Benneteau. He had two breakpoints on the first three service games from Youzhny in 2nd set, but the russian saved all. Also one BP on last game. Good game.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Another solid match from Misha! :worship:

A bit of luck with those balls falling off the netband - Misha actually kissed the netband just before the end of the match :D. He's a delightful guy, hope he'll get far in this tournament.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
The real number 3 on the road to the title.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another solid match from Misha! :worship:

A bit of luck with those balls falling off the netband - Misha actually kissed the netband just before the end of the match :D. He's a delightful guy, hope he'll get far in this tournament.

he kissed it before shaking hands? or after he won a point?

for those who watched, details of match please? Thanks. Also WHERE did u watch?

how was his salute?

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Misha :rocker2:

·
Registered
56,000 Posts

how was his salute?
He kissed it first after the crucial point in the last game and he kissed it again after the shake of the hands! :) I watched on betfair. Very good live stream! I hope they don't start to ask for money! ;)

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I caught the last part of that match and enjoyed it.
Well done to the Colonel, and he will face either the Baggy Daddy or Dr Ivo in his QF.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He kissed it first after the crucial point in the last game and he kissed it again after the shake of the hands! :) I watched on betfair. Very good live stream! I hope they don't start to ask for money! ;)
you just sign up for an account, but don't even have to put in any money?

how was Youzhny's backhand?

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

If you live in the US, then check the livestream for Open 13 thread for a stream that works here. betfair doesnt.

·
Registered
56,000 Posts

I just signed up! The play was good overall, I don't know about the backhand but a lot of good overheads, FH, and a very good covering of the court because Benneteau really made him run. And some luck, too! You know that a player is gonna loose when the ball starts to fall in his court from the band! :D

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just signed up! The play was good overall, I don't know about the backhand but a lot of good overheads, FH, and a very good covering of the court because Benneteau really made him run. And some luck, too! You know that a player is gonna loose when the ball starts to fall in his court from the band! :D
thanks

hey he will take it anyway he can get it

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

how was his salute?
I think it was at 40-40 in the last game, it was just before the first MP he got if I remember well - so before the handshake.

EDIT: he kissed the netband AGAIN after the match... :lol: - he surely realized he'd been quite lucky at times!

Details of the match: well I didn't watch continuously as I also had some work to do :)mad:) - but I took peeks all throughout the match. Misha came across as very solid but also quite lucky at times, Benneteau didn't play bad at all, had some great shots as well.
I've been watching at www.betfair.com - excellent livestreams and English commentary. :worship:

The salute - :hearts: as always, to all four sides of the stadium. Lovely to see. Misha was smiling a lot, and so was his coach who seemed to be very happy with this win.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Played Misha

what a good start to the year for him

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Congrats Misha :hug:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts