Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a thread. Anyway, who matched the match? Can someone tell me how he played?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
He played alright considering his ranking and inexperience at this level.
He/She was talking about Murray to be honest.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
No live coverage so I don't know how he played - seemed like from the scoreboard Andy was struggling a bit - he was a break up and broken back twice before finally getting the first set, and 6-4 6-4 doesn't exactly sound like he was dominant.

Still, it's his first match in a month so there's probably a bit of rust.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does there really need to be a thread in "General Messages" everytime Murray beats a qualifier in a regular ATP tournament?

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Does there really need to be a thread in "General Messages" everytime Murray beats a qualifier in a regular ATP tournament?
Yes, as much as there needs to be one for other players when they do the same - as in "it's at the fan's discretion so why not if they want to talk about it"

Glad we cleared that up :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well done Andy. I guess. But I'm still pissed at him about DC :( :rolleyes: He better damn well win this tournament, I think that's the only way I'll forgive him. :lol:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well done, Muzza. Now take that title! :rocker2:

Jesse... :hug: - at least he reached the main draw :yeah:.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
I have to say I am getting a wee bit impatient with Murray. He has to win a Masters Series atleast this year. I guess I have some residual disappointment from the AO still. Well still he won so atleast I hope he beats Djokovic here.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Just imagine the thread growing at 50 posts per minute to at least 27 pages if it were 4-6 4-6...

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I have to say I am getting a wee bit impatient with Murray. He has to win a Masters Series atleast this year. I guess I have some residual disappointment from the AO still. Well still he won so atleast I hope he beats Djokovic here.
Well, in hindsight - I don't think Andy was THAT bad at the AO, he lost from the later finalist - a comforting thought, no? :)

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Well, in hindsight - I don't think Andy was THAT bad at the AO, he lost from the later finalist - a comforting thought, no? :)
Well, probably but I had expected him to make the semifinal at least:sad: so not really that comforting:)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well, probably but I had expected him to make the semifinal at least:sad: so not really that comforting:)
In all honesty, so did I... but then I didn't expect Rafa to lose from Tsonga either. The second half of the draw apparently just bumped into a Landing From Outer Space...

Must say that I AM looking forward to a Djoko - Muzza clash, yeah! :rocker2:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Muzza probably isn't.
What are you talking about I'm sure he has very fond memories of that last match. It's one of the only time I haven't seen him moping at the back of the court :shrug: (probably didn't have enough time considering the beating he took, but still :p)

More seriously i'm really looking forward to it (yeah sport+ for covering it :banana:), hopefully it's gonna be a little more competitive this time :tape:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts