Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Dolgopolovs. No Tomics. No Raonics.

Just good old fashioned Rafa, Nole and Rodge will mop up every single slam until AT LEAST 2016. Rafa will probably get 40% of those slams, Nole 50%, and Rodge 10%. But I don't really care about the ratio - that doesn't matter so much as they will utterly strangle any new slam winning blood getting through.

Apart from those 3, every other tennis player in the world is just a hype job with no potential.

They will all choke mentally at the biggest moments and/or just won't have the talent to even dent the Big Three.

Oh yeh, Delpotro is technically a slam winner. That is one of the greatest sporting anomalies of all time and I can't see getting another one either. But if he does, my hypothesis still stands.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
:smash: :smash: :smash:

What's with this rampant influx of posters that haven't started watching tennis before 2010, lately? :help:

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Congrats OP you just define stupidity.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
No. Those 3 are just transitional champs for the next generation of champs to come

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
Tomic will have career grand slam in 2018, what are you mumbling about?

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Your words will be marked just as much as the next fedal#X account with 1-10 posts that comes and posts the same outrageous 5 year into the future predictions.

And are you really new here anyway? this "mark my words" + something crazy is getting old. And then you have to delete the account and change to a new one when it wrong too. Then maybe suddenly one day one account will have it's prediction right. But what's the point?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:smash: :smash: :smash:

What's with this rampant influx of posters that haven't started watching tennis before 2010, lately? :help:
2004 - 2010 was, barring a couple of lucky Safin's and a flukey Delpo, PROOF of my hypothesis that just 3 people (Rafa, Nole and Rodge) can COMPLETELY suffocate every other tennis player in the world and mop up every single slam in that period.

I'm not an idiot - my hypothesis is the safe one.

Think about the other scenario: you really think that someone else apart from Nadal/Djokovic/Federer will ever win a slam whilst even one of those 3 are still around? Please, that means they would have to BEAT at least one of Nadal/Djokovic/Federer in a slam, and unless they're completely crippled - that is NEVER going to happen.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
2004 - 2010 was, barring a couple of lucky Safin's and a flukey Delpo, PROOF of my hypothesis that just 3 people (Rafa, Nole and Rodge) can COMPLETELY suffocate every other tennis player in the world and mop up every single slam in that period.

I'm not an idiot - my hypothesis is the safe one.

Think about the other scenario: you really think that someone else apart from Nadal/Djokovic/Federer will ever win a slam whilst even one of those 3 are still around? Please, that means they would have to BEAT at least one of Nadal/Djokovic/Federer in a slam, and unless they're completely crippled - that is NEVER going to happen.
OK. I got it now, my Internal HD (read: brain) was stuck for a moment.

You are one hell of a funny troll, and an eloquent one too. Good job, mate. :D

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
Murray will win anyway, if Rafa gets too old and lose fitness he can beat him easily on hard courts, Djokovic wont sustain his level all the time and Olderer is Olderer. Del Potro will have another slam, Tomic will have two and and Murray too. :worship:

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I would agree but Nadal is getting old now in tennis years. If he was younger, he and nole would mop of all the slams until then. But rafa is slowing down

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How can I be a troll if my proposition is the most likely one?

If I said something like: Murray will get a slam, or, Dolgopolov will get an Aussie Open - I could be rightfully flamed.

Just saying that 3 of the best tennis players of all time who are so infinitely above the level of their nearest competitors are almost guaranteed to completely dominate the sport at Grand Slam (and Masters) level for another mere 5 years is hardly going out on a limb.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The Magician's alt account?

·
Registered
12,989 Posts

If I said something like: Murray will get a slam, or, Dolgopolov will get an Aussie Open - I could be rightfully flamed.

Just saying that 3 of the best tennis players of all time who are so infinitely above the level of their nearest competitors are almost guaranteed to completely dominate the sport at Grand Slam (and Masters) level for another mere 5 years is hardly going out on a limb.
It is hard to have 5 years of pure dominance without a OSW, the last years had Del Potro and the chances of having another one vary from 75 to 80%, so you have 20% to be right,. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Chances are all three could retire before that. Enough said.

Reactions: Phenomenadal

·
Registered
29,243 Posts

You're right, but saying NONE of them will win a slam until 2016 is quite another thing. :facepalm:
Federer has probably retired by 2014. Djokovic and Nadal have playing styles that are very demanding on their bodies. They won't be as good in a few years. Your prediction is just dumb.

Reactions: Phenomenadal
1 - 20 of 66 Posts