Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking this since the start of the tournament and with the way he crushed Ferrer last night he's going to reach the final, I don't think he will win the final as like the US Open I think it will be a step too far.

I do however see Kei doing what he did at the US Open by beating Wawrinka in the quarters and Novak in the semis again.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
He impressed me... I didn't expect him to beat Ferrer like a child ... A crime happened on the court last night how Nishikori treated Ferrer.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
He impressed me... I didn't expect him to beat Ferrer like a child ... A crime happened on the court last night how Nishikori treated Ferrer.
I don't think Ferrer played his best tennis but yes Nishikori have really improved heaps and although his whole game was lethal I found his backhand to really stand out.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Only Novak can beat Nadal in the final and his half should just let him win.

I don't see Wawa, Kei, Milos beating Nadal in the final. Same with Murray, Berdych or Kyrgois.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I have been thinking this since the start of the tournament and with the way he crushed Ferrer last night he's going to reach the final, I don't think he will win the final as like the US Open I think it will be a step too far.

I do however see Kei doing what he did at the US Open by beating Wawrinka in the quarters and Novak in the semis again.
It might have been moderately impressive if you'd made this thread at the start of the tournament.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He will win AO, slaying the evils (Fatwrinka, Fakervic, Nadull)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
It might have been moderately impressive if you'd made this thread at the start of the tournament.
Lol, Nishikori's draw looked tough as hell, nobody would dare to make that kind of prediction. He started the tournament against Almagro, by far the toughest first round opponent among top 8 seeds.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Awful impersonation mate. :facepalm: especially if this pans out to be right :superlol:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Ferrer played awfully spraying errors constantly, he was very uncharacteristic in contrast to his regular self. was less Nishikori than it was David. I don't see Nishikori beating Wawrinka, let alone Djokovic this tournament

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Anyone beginning anything with 'Mark my words' shouldn't be taken seriously.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Ferrer played awfully spraying errors constantly, he was very uncharacteristic in contrast to his regular self. was less Nishikori than it was David. I don't see Nishikori beating Wawrinka, let alone Djokovic this tournament
I think he can beat Wawrinka ... who is a head case. Ferrer was destroyed by Simon but Nishi has beaten him before, so not a surprise. With Djokovic, it is a very tough ask for Nishkori to beat him again. But who knows. Nole is unpredictable these days. I am very impressed with Nishikori. I used to hate him but he seems to be genuinely working hard, and as a fellow midget myself, I can relate to him.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts