Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He will take advantage of the following:

1) Thiem will have no left in the tank after battling past Wawrinka and Schwartzman back to back.
2) Nadal doesnt like the conditions, and this could be similar to how Zverev played Nadal at the Rome final in 2018, except with more experience, and higher level from his part.
3) Zverev matches well against Djokovic regardless of how the serb plays, Sascha is the type of tall baseliner with a good serve that can hurt djokovic pretty bad, and he has beaten him at Rome/WTF in the past, and now we have also lower bounce conditions...

So, Sascha Zverev will lift the trophy.

·
Registered
351 Posts
No he ain't beating Ticdull, Thiem, and the GOAT in succession.

He will fall to GOAT in the final.

·
justice for all
16,245 Posts
I don't think so but I think he might put up a good fight in the QF vs Rafa.
Won't be surprised if he wins a set but that's probably all.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Actually the serve will be just be a bonus, Zverev will win it if the conditions remains the same with impenetrable defense and good powerful offense when he needs to.

People are underestimating what an incredible mover Zverev is.
His serve is never a bonus ...it's a big weapon, the serve is to AZ the same thing, on a much higher level, it is to Fed. Yes, He's a great mover for his size. When AZ is fully on he can take down anyone BO3 (well, for awhile that was true) but even if he got through nadal--and I don't think that's gonna happen--he will not get through nadal then Thiem then Djok. Impossible.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
As the the bottom part of the draw looks like now, I see Diego vs Dominic and Sascha vs Rafa in the QF.
Dominic may play Wawrinka in the last 16 before, but I expect an "easy" victory for Dominic. Against Diego, he might lose a set, but not more, I found Dominic very fit today, he will be hard to beat. But with these weather conditions, I agree, Sascha can hurt Rafa, and why not beating him, so a SF vs Dominic is possible. Zverev is the fourth favourite in this tournament, but his draw is not that easy, Rafa, then Dominic and Nole in the final, is quite hard to imagine he can do it, but not totally impossible.
Cecchinato in round 3 might be tricky as well for Sascha.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It’d be one of the more impressive slam wins if he actually beat all 3 top/heavy favorites for the title
I like Zverev but have a feeling he’ll fall before the QF, hope I’m wrong. The bottom half could produce some really epic battles

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
No Zverev is overrated. His level at the USO apart from the first set vs thiem was mediocre at best and feasted off a pathetic draw.
Sorry to break it down like this but nadal and Djokovic are not Coric and PCB...

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
Slamrev? Lol no

Reactions: dane_dane
1 - 20 of 106 Posts