Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't Wimbledon supposed to be their last event as a team? Does that mean they don't split up now? :confused: I really hope so... :D

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Think they might split up at the end of the year, because nestor had agreed to partnet somebody else but then he decided how everything was going good for them again, they will stay toghether for atleast to the end of the year. But thats not 100% guaranteed of course.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Well, I think it's logical: if it don't work, fix it? :shrug: It's hard for them to live on the tour if they don't make any money..
And then it's not like they'd seperate after winning RG :p

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Are we sure it wasn't a mutual decision to split? And then not split?
Nestor does seem to be the one deciding in this story, that's the version they all give in every interview.

After the decision to split:
"Obviously, I was a bit stunned and probably mystified," said Knowles, who clearly remains hurt but still considers Nestor a friend. "It came out of left field. We were ranked third in the world at the time and having a pretty good season."
"It was not the normal time of the season to split. Usually, it's at the end of the year. I was disappointed that he had spoken to someone else with no regard to our commitment."

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/25533

Nestor about the fact he has changed his mind and now kind of lets Zimonjic down:
"I'm the kind of person who honours my commitments," he said. "When Zimonjic and I decided to do this, we didn't know this would happen."
"I haven't yet talked to Zimonjic and I don't know how he feels [about the delay]. Maybe he and Santoro have cut off all contact."
"I've talked with Knowles. He's pushing this idea," said Nestor. "We're playing well now. People are wondering: `Why break up when you've won a Grand Slam?'"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2007/06/15/nestor-knowles-partnership.html
Etc.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Ironically, since they won the slam and have decided to continue, they've been fairly unimpressive.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Fairly unimpressive? :lol: They won Queen's and QF at Wimbledon.

But, hm, those articles confuse me.
I didn't see Zimonjic interact with Nestor, but Nestor and Knowles seem to be exactly the same as before :shrug: They're both in good humor with one another. I guess the only thing that was weird was once, Mark left before Daniel when they were practicing. But other than that, I think they're still good with one another. :)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Considering they won the French Open, QF at Wimbledon is hardly startling and they lost early in Montreal.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yeah, but they lost to two good teams :shrug: Melo & Sa was an upset, but they were having a good weak (beat Hanley/Ullyett) and their loss yesterday wasn't so much their bad play but their opponents outclassed them.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Regardless, this is nothing new compared to how they were before they won the French Open - I suspect their underlying problems haven't gone anywhere, they merely hit a good run of form at Roland Garros that made things look different for a bit.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Perhaps, well - we'll see in the next weeks at Cincy and New York.
But it is pretty inconsiderate of Dan to speak of this split to someone else before he spoke to Mark about it.
Hopefully their relationship isn't jaded, after 13 years together..

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Fairly unimpressive? :lol: They won Queen's and QF at Wimbledon.

But, hm, those articles confuse me.
I didn't see Zimonjic interact with Nestor, but Nestor and Knowles seem to be exactly the same as before :shrug: They're both in good humor with one another. I guess the only thing that was weird was once, Mark left before Daniel when they were practicing. But other than that, I think they're still good with one another. :)
Even if they get along, it doesn't change the fact that Nestor is being a jerk. :shrug:

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Are we sure it wasn't a mutual decision to split? And then not split?
Yes, as Truc posted:

Nestor does seem to be the one deciding in this story, that's the version they all give in every interview.

After the decision to split:
"Obviously, I was a bit stunned and probably mystified," said Knowles, who clearly remains hurt but still considers Nestor a friend. "It came out of left field. We were ranked third in the world at the time and having a pretty good season."
"It was not the normal time of the season to split. Usually, it's at the end of the year. I was disappointed that he had spoken to someone else with no regard to our commitment."

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/25533

Nestor about the fact he has changed his mind and now kind of lets Zimonjic down:
"I'm the kind of person who honours my commitments," he said. "When Zimonjic and I decided to do this, we didn't know this would happen."
"I haven't yet talked to Zimonjic and I don't know how he feels [about the delay]. Maybe he and Santoro have cut off all contact."
"I've talked with Knowles. He's pushing this idea," said Nestor. "We're playing well now. People are wondering: `Why break up when you've won a Grand Slam?'"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2007/06/15/nestor-knowles-partnership.html
Etc.
Zimonjic was really let down, as he and Santoro decided to split and Santoro had a new partner. Luckily (or unluckily? :p) Zimonjic convinced Nole to play some tournaments with him for the rest of this year... but if I were him, I wouldn't want to play with Nestor after this. He obviously doesn't value his commitments, unlike what he so laughingly said.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
But it is pretty inconsiderate of Dan to speak of this split to someone else before he spoke to Mark about it.
And then to do the same thing again a few weeks later with Zimonjic - "I haven't yet talked to Zimonjic and I don't know how he feels about it". It's unbelievable.
Zimonjic was really let down, as he and Santoro decided to split and Santoro had a new partner.
Santoro doesn't have a new partner, as far as I know.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Santoro is dedicating to singles, i think he doesnt care about doubles anymore

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Nestor has dogged Knowles professionally, and since they are close in their personal lives, it has to be horrible for Knowles.

I think karma will claim Nestor. You get what you give. Nestor appears to deserve some major bad karma now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts