Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 897 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here's an article from yesterday's newspaper,mario talking about us open!

Mario Ančić in nice mood for the us open
*Mario Ančić waits for the us open in nice mood. Two third rounds at tournaments of masters series helped to build up good form and confidence,although there is an impression that he could have done more in canada.
-Mario:Yes,it was really good,although too bad for montreal. It was a real chance,the dreaw was open,but I lost to rusedski. He went to semifinal beating hrbaty,with whom I have positive score(more wins).No…don't wanna talk about what would happen if it happen (I hope the expression is sth like that). I lost and that's the end of the story. Against hewitt in cin. I couldn't have done anything,he served and returned fenomenally.I collected a great number of matches,situation is completely different to the one last year.

*Last year playing balun(soccer) in hvar cost him a lot. He twisted his ancle,came to NY unready,although he won an olympic medal with ivan,which was won more on strenght and great desire.
-Mario: It turns out that us open doesn't suit me,but it's not like that.It's just circumstances. I lost twice in 5 sets,to novak and hrbaty.Actually i had to retire when I played hrbaty cause of cramps,and against novak I came back from 0:2 to 2:2.It took me little.I won't talk about what happened last year,I wasn't ready.
*As opposite to now?
-Mario:That's right. I have a huge motiv of erasing that zero(of matches won there)
*The Korean is already a veteran,and hasn't been succesful this year…
-Mario:That doesn't mean anything,grand slams are an inspiration to everybody.He's dangerous,has a good hand,talent.If I'm not in completely,it could be tough. That's why I'm careful,serious.
*He' happy with the new coach F.Rosengren
-Mario: He's a big worker and a professional.We are getting to know each other,talk a lot about tennis.We have the same vision about how I should play.
*At the end we spoke about goran and his possible comeback to dc team if croatia beats russia and enters the final
-Mario:Of course,we would all like to see him back in the team.Besides,Ithink it would be a nice gesture.But we'll talk about it when the time comes. We have a lot of running to do before the final.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Re: Articles

thanks sweetie :)

·
Registered
25,689 Posts

oh, i read it just like he was speaking besides me :hug:

omg, i need to listen to his audios now :lol:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts

you're obsessed iwth his audios

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

His voice gives me tingles :hug:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts

lovemario said:
His voice gives me tingles :hug:
it gives everyone tingles no?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Éowyn said:
I don't know about everyone,I know about me :haha:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts

well me too :) :p

·
Registered
11,434 Posts

see it is everyone :lol: he's just too good for us all

·
Registered
946 Posts

Éowyn said:
That's because his voice is so deep it make the computer vibrate ;)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

These are some mario quotes from his interviews and articles about him

-This is the article where the ''hat'' picture with goran is,when he started playing atp tour,17 years old:
''I could have stayed in juniors,win couple of grand slams,I think I made better choice becoming a professional.This year wasn't for nothing,I 've strenghtened,realized where I am and what I have to do to fulfill my goals.If I had stayed in juniors,I would have covered some weakness in my game and everything would be wonderful''

''Goran was always,I mean always my rolemodel.I always watched him and was nervous because of him,felt like I was on court.I'm extremely grateful to him,he gave me the opportunity to train with him,to learn from him.He helped me a lot and I will never be able to pay him back.Till now I haven't thought that we could play against each other.That's an interesting possibility.I didn't have to think about that before.It would be weird,but I would try to play fair,then who wins! I would serve him an ace!'' :lol:

-At the end of 2003,about the whole season:
''I give myself +2''
''After 1/8 at aus.open and winning challenger in hamburg,I can't be satisfied with the rest. Till the end. I had a lot of chances,I played a lot of close matches.Most of them I lost. That's what is important in the end,result is the only measure,not whether I played good or not (that is what I'm always saying,dear mario) Who will ask you if you lost.I should have done more.''

-Conference after he lost to pavel in dc:
''Of course I'm angry to have lost,cause I was in the match the whole tome,attacked and I think I have played one of my best matches lately. It wasn't enough,but we are moving on. It's all on Ljubo now to bring us the first point,so that we can make up what we lost tomorrow in doubles.''

''Of courseI'm optimistic.I need to have a good rest,tomorrow is a new day,nothing is lost.''

-After the first title win in rosmalen:
''I was really selfconfident on court,played good from first to last point,specially on the most important points,which gives me even more selfconfidence. I controled the match and that's a good feeling.'' :yeah:

''Last year I played great in wimbledon after reaching the semifinal here,I hope to ontinue the tradition this year.'' :tears:

''I didn't want to lose my third final.How would that look?'' :D

-After beating rusedski at superset tennis:
''I played good tennis and knew that one game would be enough,where I could put few returns together.I had no problems holding my serve,I took a lot points from him. Even if we went to tiebreak, I think I would be in advantage.''

About the money won there:
''Anyway I don't know what to do with them,didn't have a chance to think about it. I don't have too many demands,unless if it's about tennis.'' :worship:
*In tennis he wants everything

-About tennis players,are they preoccupied with tennis too much,travel all the time:
''First of all you have to be a persin.It's not like I'm gonna turn into robot.We are normal people who like to have fun, see new things,meet new people.''

-About losing to coria in rosmalen 2004:
''I broke a racket after a long time.When? In the locker-room.
Only one racket? ''I remembered the wimbledon coming,so I stopped,otherwise I would have stayed without rackets. :lol: It wouldn't be convenient day before wimbledon!'' :haha:

-Would he like to see goran as dc captain:
''That would be nice.When he was there 4 years ago,it was great,amazing atmosphere. Didn't matter that the opponents were easy,we had 15-0 wins and celebrated.''

-After beating monfils at wim:
''Samurai was easy on his legs today''(reffering to himself,some joke with cro journalists,about how samurai can do what he wants when he wants,as opposite to the udomchoke match)
''I felt really good. I controlled my serve without problems,on the other hand I had a lot time to develop my game,cause his first serve percentage wasn't good.If you give him time you'll see that he's very fast,but made him nervous with constant pressure. It was a job done professionally.''

-After he lost to lopez:
''I've never made 15 doubles in my life.I don't know what happened I felt good played good till today.When I lose like this don't know what to say.
Of course I'm nervous when I make 15 double foults.I didn't know what to do. Suddenly everything I did till today,the way I played and won,nothing was right.Serve and volley is my ''forca''(his expression,meaning strenght).When that doesn't work,don't know what to do. And he played great,didn't give me chance,he was hitting every shot in. It's easy to play when you have 2-0 sets.'' :tears:

''You know what you can do when you don't serve good on grass,when you serve 15df,you can go f*** yourself.'' :shrug:

''It's been a while since I felt so bad after a match.'' :crying2:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

thanks lovemario :hug:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts

_pyromatic said:
That's because his voice is so deep it make the computer vibrate ;)
:lol:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts

:p

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Éowyn said: