Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Will Win This Battle?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
i don't bet on shit odds like this , i don't know why suddenly everyone thinks Ancic has a chance on clay against Nadal

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
i don't bet on shit odds like this , i don't know why suddenly everyone thinks Ancic has a chance on clay against Nadal
Mind-boggling, indeed.
Raf will win this match, easily. If not I'd be very, very surprised.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mind-boggling, indeed.
Raf will win this match, easily. If not I'd be very, very surprised.

need i remind you that the poor fellow has not won a title in 10 months. they call that being a little out of confidence.

this Monte Carlo will be his toughest. mark this post now. he is not some damn machine but we are expecting him to be one.

he does have a formidable task here. i will take it one match at a time.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
need i remind you that the poor fellow has not won a title in 10 months. they call that being a little out of confidence.
Exactly the same as last year, so I don't think it will have any influence for his confidence on clay.

this Monte Carlo will be his toughest. mark this post now. he is not some damn machine but we are expecting him to be one.

he does have a formidable task here. i will take it one match at a time.
I'm the last one to expect any a player to be a 'machine', but I do think it's quite fair to expect him to do well on the clay. That said, I agree with you that it will be a harsh task for him to defend all his points during the clay season (let alone add some points :eek:), but I'm quite confident we'll be seeing him hold the trophy coming Sunday. :angel:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think Ancic is a good enough mover on clay, plus he depends too much on his power to win matches and power doesn't mean a whole lot against Nadal on clay.

·
Banned
289 Posts
1.33 times the money for Nadal in straight sets, amazing odds. I have 100 dollars on Nadal in straight sets. I think I will bet 100 dollars on Nadal in straight sets for almost every match during the clay season, Nadal seems to be very underrated by gamblers.

Last year Nadal won Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Stuttgart in straight sets and lost only sets to Hewitt (tired), Davydenko and Federer.

·
Your visions will happen
51,238 Posts

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
I agree with CD that Rafa's first match may not turn out as great as people expect right after the 10 month drought.

But it's Rafa afterall. The guy's eats clay. So I pick Nadal.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why do you keep plugging that website? it sucks dude
if you scroll down, it gives H 2 H match count as well as the scores of those matches. in looking at this match, most immediately want to know how many times have they played before and on what surfaces and the like.

that is where i go when i am guaging the pulse of a match.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with CD that Rafa's first match may not turn out as great as people expect right after the 10 month drought.

But it's Rafa afterall. The guy's eats clay. So I pick Nadal.

not only that but Ancic has a match under his belt already. it is not going to be a picnic. trust me on this.

i see Nadal struggling a little in this one before he can get his teeth into the match. Ancic is not a clown.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts