Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Watched this on the live stream and Cilic looks an extremely average player. My 80 year old, wheelchair bound nan moves faster than him.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Im sure she does....:retard:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Mathieu :silly:

The match was there to be won and he blew it. Break points saved - 1/6. Cilic saved 8/11. Match won and lost right there.

Mathieu, sort out your serve :smash:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Cilic has progressed quickly and well but from what I see his potential isn't really anything to shout about. I don't see him ever getting close to the top of tennis.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
I think he has alot of talent, i was really impressed from him at Gstaad last year.

·
Your visions will happen
47,129 Posts
maybe because he is 18 and stil learning how to play.

average at 18
good at 20
great at 22

:)
Funny how that only applies to Cilic and not DY :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
i do, :lol: he is all surface player and thats always good.
Yes being all surface never hurts but he just doesn't have the naturla talent for a slam or top 5 as far as I can see and yes I realise that some players that are said to have little talent have been top 5 but in my opinion any top 5 has big talent and that includes the likes of Davydenko, Ljubicic, Blake etc... Cilic doesn't appear to have that natural feel of the ball and there are a great deal of players similar to him. Could he reach top 20? Yes. Could he reach top 10? Maybe for a shortwhile. Could he win a slam or reach top 5? I don't see it happening.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats, Marin! :yeah:

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Yes being all surface never hurts but he just doesn't have the naturla talent for a slam or top 5 as far as I can see and yes I realise that some players that are said to have little talent have been top 5 but in my opinion any top 5 has big talent and that includes the likes of Davydenko, Ljubicic, Blake etc... Cilic doesn't appear to have that natural feel of the ball and there are a great deal of players similar to him. Could he reach top 20? Yes. Could he reach top 10? Maybe for a shortwhile. Could he win a slam or reach top 5? I don't see it happening.
You are wrong and I'm not even his huge admirer for now.
He has all the talent.Has a great first serve when he gets it in,and he can hit big on both bh and fh.
His only problem is now-consistency
When he will make less UE's and when he will be more concentrated on his first serve,he will be top 10.
Consistency and moving,when (if)he improves that,he will be a top player.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Yes,he played bad today,but at least he was hitting hard and aggresisve and not moonballing.I hope that will payout for him someday.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
maybe...
depends on how much he will improve.
he has the game.
he has the talent.
the rest is on him :shrug:
Many players have the game and talent. If you compare Cilic to players in his age such as Korolev and Del Potro, Cilic is not in the same league.

Cilic will be a solid top 50 player, nothing more.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts