traveling coach. He's playing Indian
Wells this week, then Key Biscayne and
the U.S. clay court event in Houston
before leaving for Europe and the
build-up to the French Open.

·
rainha (:
6,417 Posts
:eek: He is one player I don't see doing well without a permanent coach.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Mardy Fish Foundation News!
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/jun/11/indian-river-county-mardy-fish-foundation-to-add/

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — Because of the success of Pelican Island Elementary’s Mardy Fish Music Club and Health & Fitness Club, the Mardy Fish Foundation will open three additional after-school programs this fall.

Glendale Elementary, Sebastian Elementary and Thompson Magnet Elementary School are the sites.

Each school will use money provided by the Mardy Fish Foundation to open an after-school program involving sports and music activities.

The program at Pelican Island Elementary began in September 2007 and provides activities for 110 children. It includes music with a focus on playing the guitar, health and fitness, drama basketball, tennis, dance and cheerleading.

The foundation also supports the Youth Guidance Foundation and the Boys & Girls Club of Vero Beach.

For more information on the Mardy Fish Foundation visit www.mardytennis.com.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mardy will be participating in an exhibition in Akron, Ohio on February 5 & 6. John Isner, Sam Querrey, David Nainkin and Jim Thomas will also be there.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
:yeah: hopefully whatever remaining injuries he was dealing with have healed

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
All I can spout is good for him! Nice going at this stage of his career!
And yes I am too lazy or maybe too late and my internet connection is slow but I did not start a hard court thread since in some aspects it is almost over:p

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
come on Mardy

best luck to you in WTF

please please please

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Less than a month since undergoing surgery for extreme heart palpitations, Mardy Fish declared himself ready to tackle Wimbledon, which begins next week.

"I'll keep my expectations low personally, but I know I can do well," Fish said Tuesday from London where he is preparing for exhibitions against Kei Nishikori and Lleyton Hewitt this week.

Fish, ranked 12th, has not played on tour since early April because of misfiring electrical pulses to his heart that caused him to wake up suddenly at night as if he'd been running sprints, including one prolonged incident in March that sent him by ambulance to a hospital.
Read more:Mardy Fish on mend, ready to take on Wimbledon

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Fish, back in action, still wears heart monitor

Fish, back in action, still wears heart monitor

June 25, 2012

Mardy Fish tells the New York Times that he is frequently wearing a heart monitor when he goes to sleep, as it puts him mentally at ease. Fish underwent a heart procedure in Los Angeles on May 23 in an attempt to resolve a form of arrhythmia. "I still have it, and sometimes when I feel a little uneasy or feel like, in my mind maybe I’m going to convince myself to have a bad night or something, I’ll put it on and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable," Fish said. "Sometimes, I just put it on."

Fish also said that the night after losing to Juan Monaco in Miami, his heart was racing so fast while he laid in bed that he began to panic.

"I honestly felt in Miami like I was going to die,” Fish said. "I had just read that story about that soccer player [Fabrice Muamba, who collapsed on the field after a cardiac arrest during a match, but eventually survived]. “It’s pumping so hard, like out of my chest, beating so hard. If I were to just drop everything and just do a full sprint outside the grounds here at Wimbledon, that’s how fast it was going."

The American will play at Wimbledon, the first time he has competed since early April. Fish reached the Wimbledon quarterfinals last year and thinks he made the right choice to return at the All England Club. "I feel like this is the perfect surface for me to come back on,” Fish said. “It’s not as physically taxing. They don’t play as long points."

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Fish Visits Washington YMCA

Mardy Fish visited the new YMCA Anthony Bowen Center of Metropolitan DC in Washington on Saturday. Together with WTA player Taylor Townsend, Fish toured the new facility and met some of the children who attend programmes there, hitting tennis balls with them and signing autographs.

“I had a great time at the YMCA and the facility was incredible,” said Fish, who is due to compete at the Citi Open next week. “I think it will serve as a great place for children and adults alike to congregate and improve their physical condition. In addition, I feel proud to be a part of the history that this particular YMCA honours.”

The facility re-opens this summer and celebrates the legacy of YMCA Anthony Bowen as historically the first African American Y, founded in 1853, along with its ability to adapt and serve the community’s evolving needs.

The new centre features a heated swimming pool, a spacious group exercise studio, a rooftop terrace for classes, a teaching kitchen and a rock climbing wall.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/07/30/Washington-Fish-Visits-YMCA.aspx

101 - 120 of 158 Posts