Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word to word "I don't speak French, dumbass" during a changeover, seems like they've had a little bit of hatred due to their fans/team this match.

Disgusting! Didn't even get a warning!

·
Premium Member
21,603 Posts
Re: Mardy Fish Just Called Tsonga A "Dumbass"!

Word to word "I don't speak French you dumbass" during a changeover, seems like they've had a little bit of hatred due to their fans/team this match.

Disgusting! Didn't even get a warning!
Lol, why, what happened?

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tsonga had a problem with someone in Fish's box in the 3rd set, I think that's where it all started. All Tsonga asked him for was to calm down and stop hating against him so much or something as he was going over the top.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If he said it to Bernardes surely he would have got a penalty though? That's what doesn't make sense and him and Jo have had a little beef this match too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's not at all as clear as you're making it seem. There was no camera shot when I was watching, only the audio.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
If he said it to Bernardes surely he would have got a penalty though? That's what doesn't make sense and him and Jo have had a little beef this match too.
Are you serious mate?

How many times have you seen an umpire called shit and no point penalty given? Roddick has been doing it his entire career.

He's hardly gonna give a warning for 'dumbass' to an American at the US Open, in the 5th set of a match after being broken.

Don't know if it's too much of a big deal, I'm sure there's been much worse.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Please, like they're gonna penalize americans at the US Open.:raspberry:

And I heard it as well. Clear as a bell.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure it was towards the umpire, clearly players talked to each other when they showed it.
Must have been, Tsonga had problems with someone in Fish's camp in the third set too which Fish said he'll sort out. I'm sure it must have been towards Tsonga.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts