Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Armed with bottled waters and 2 cereal bars, one digital camera and tons of sunscreen, I attacked the grounds of Indian Wells. Arrived at about 8:30am and got my tickets. Parked my car and lined up waiting for the gate to open at 9am.

First player I recognised practising is Calleri. While I was taking a picture of him, a dashing guy came up and talked to me. I didn't have my morning coffee or breakfast so my brain was really not working. We exchanged a few words and he left. I returned my attention to the player he was hitting with. When I first spot Calleri, I saw a chubby guy hitting with him and I thought he's his coach. But I was wondered why so many watching "his coach" so I got closer and paid a better attention to him. :eek: He's Nalbandian. He had his cap on so it's a little bit difficult to see his face and I was wearing my contact lens which provided OK vision but far from 20/20.

Then there's Marcos warming up with his coach shirtless. Every comment I heard from the crowd was his engaging smile. Nothing about his tennis. :p

I continued to wander around and my thought returned to the dashing guy. ;) Now I finally paid some attention, I recognised he looked really familiar. Then I spot him with Deb and Amber and :p yes, he's Brian. Honestly, he looked much much better than any of the pics he post here. :) That's the reason I didn't recognise him in the first place ;)

I went to the practice court and talked to Brian. They were watching Djokovic there. I took a few pics of Novak but could not tell who's the guy he's hitting with. And I hated to miss that funny moment of Novak chasing a ball and almost knocked Amber out. We were wondering how Jess would react if she's in Amber's place. ;) Suddenly inpiration strikes me and I finally recognised from the pics that the guy practising with Novak was Dominic Hrbaty. :p

Moving on, there's Lisa Raymond in the next court. Couldn't really hear what she's talking about but took a pic of her anyway.

Then moved to the famous grass area where players work out, jog, play football (both American and traditional), etc. There were a few WTA players and ATP players. There was a cute guy playing American football with other players but none of us knew what's his name and I could only took a picture of his back. :p

Then Nadal showed up but not doing much. On the other hand, Ferrero did lots of exercise with his coach. And no, I didn't see they talked to each other :devil:

more to come

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It sounds like you had a great time! But ehm...did you just call Nalby 'chubby' in your post? You do know those are all muscles, right? :lol: I would have known it was him even from far away. Nalby! Can't wait to read about the rest of your time there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts