Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Funny - this guy won junior Davis Cup for Spain with Rafa Nadal. Look where is each of them now ;)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I saw his match against Bruno Rodriguez in Acapulco. I think this Spaniard has interesting, mixing game. His forehand reminds me Portas' forehand. Pujol should be a tough opponent on clay this year.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Highly unlikely
It depends "tough for who". I don't expect that he is able to win 9 games on clay against players like Federer, Nadal or Davydenko but he has a good chance to beat players like Koubek, Monfils, Simon etc. Therefore I can imagine another quartefinals for him in Valencia, Sopot, Bastad etc.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Albert Pujols?:confused:

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
It depends "tough for who". I don't expect that he is able to win 9 games on clay against players like Federer, Nadal or Davydenko but he has a good chance to beat players like Koubek, Monfils, Simon etc. Therefore I can imagine another quartefinals for him in Valencia, Sopot, Bastad etc.
1 QF should be enough and good for him this season, he´s not as good as it looks u think he is

·
MONSOON season.
82,377 Posts
Good job Marcel :clap2:

Had a great season last year, and this is well-deserved.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Well done Marcel, good to see training with the King has helped him along.

The backhand is a bit weak, but I can see him making some good results in the IS events on clay.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
well with like 41 Futures in a 52 week calander and various Spannish Atp and Challengers tournies you guys arnt really that strong of a nation in the top 100

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
I think Granollers pretty much earned his way by beating the locals in South America on their own clay Most of his current ranking is from SA clay results.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
One month ago...

I saw his match against Bruno Rodriguez in Acapulco. I think this Spaniard has interesting, mixing game. His forehand reminds me Portas' forehand. Pujol should be a tough opponent on clay this year
[...] I can imagine another quartefinals for him in Valencia, Sopot, Bastad etc.
Highly unlikely [...] 1 QF should be enough and good for him this season, he´s not as good as it looks u think he is
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Almost top-50 now.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
One month ago...

:rolleyes:

Beating the likes of Daniel and Odesnik in QF and SF, yes that´s incredible, but even you could guess there are challengers much stronger than the field in Houston, no surprise he is able to do that. It amuses me the grasshoppers like you bouncing like if they had discovered something new to everyone, keep going

1 - 20 of 30 Posts