Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Their matches are boring and always follow the same script. Even if they played 50 times, nothing would change. Only when Federer plays, there is always something new and unpredictable".
"I thing the young upcoming players are still far behind. I was disappointed by Nishikori`s attitude against Wawrinka in Melbourne last week. And as for Raonic, except for his service, he seems to have limitations. I really don`t see them winning a Major soon".
A solution to make at least the first week of the Grand Slams more interesting would be, according to Rosset, to go back and have only 16 seeds instead of 32: "The best players usually do not have to make a lot of efforts in the first rounds and arrive quite fresh to the quarterfinals".

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Marc-...brings-something-different-articolo22305.html

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Re: Marc Rosset: "Djokorray is boring. Only Federer brings something different"

It's not the time to look for excuses

·
Super Moderator
22,538 Posts

He stated the obvious, Djokorray matches are indeed boring and predictable.

·
Registered
857 Posts

Djokovic and Murray were 8-8 against each other from 2008-2013 and a lot of the matches were pretty good and high in drama. Djokovic has 5 straight wins since then but Murray had pretty significant injury problems in 2014 and 2 surgeries...

Granted, the last 2 sets of the Australian Open were terrible. On par with the Hewitt/Zhang match as far as awful viewing is concerned...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

"Their matches are boring and always follow the same script. Even if they played 50 times, nothing would change. Only when Federer plays, there is always something new and unpredictable"..
:spit:

This guy needs to watch Nadal vs Federer ASAP.

·
WOAT Predictor
7,007 Posts

Is it boring - 3 votes Yes, 7 votes No. (look at the poll!).
I'll leave this guy to watch his Fedal videos on his own.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts

Nadal v/s Federer ----> :zzz: Predictable tactics and result.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

Fed/Nadal matches were quite good to AO 2009. But Fed obviously got pissed off Nadal' tactics because if we are honest Rafa plays the same way against Federer every single time 99,99% to Fed'BH till got UE . Nadal does not play like that to other guys . As Nadal plays like that and Fed got bored.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

Rosset is Captain Obvious here. Djokorray are generic baseliners, who don't bring a lot of excitement to people who aren't their outright fans. Federer as the more creative shotmaker definitely is more exciting to watch. I hope to see him against Nadal at a MS1000 soon, preferably IW, provided he is in good health. To the Djokotards who jumped on Fedal being predictable. It's true that Nadal is predictable, he does what he does.

Federer at his best though is able to stretch him with his imaginative play, even though that match-up is so against him and their matches were close with only a few exceptions, even when he was not winning.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts

He didn't lie. Djokovic's best matches have always been against Federer.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

Rosset is Captain Obvious here. Djokorray are generic baseliners, who don't bring a lot of excitement to people who aren't their outright fans. Federer as the more creative shotmaker definitely is more exciting to watch. I hope to see him against Nadal at a MS1000 soon, preferably IW, provided he is in good health. To the Djokotards who jumped on Fedal being predictable. It's true that Nadal is predictable, he does what he does.

Federer at his best though is able to stretch him with his imaginative play, even though that match-up is so against him and their matches were close with only a few exceptions, even when he was not winning.

I watched recently Dementieva/Henin match at AO2010 ,Fed/Davdenko ,Fed/Andreev at AO2010 are such great matches . What a tennis they have played! This AO 15 was very sad and disappointed.

·
Registered
63 Posts

What's wrong with Nishikori's attitude when playing against a red hot Wawrinka?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

^ agreed.

Forgot to add that I disagree about the changing of the seeding system to make the first week more interesting. I don't think it would make much of a difference. Actually most of the interesting matches at the AO 15 were in the first week, while the second week matches ended in blow-outs more often than not.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

British tennis maybe wanted their #1 player to get to F. So Federer needed to lose earlier and Nadal as well so Murray does not need to play them but they were so Andy had a very tough draw. But look it is not his fault that Fed and Rafa lost earlier. It is the same story as Wimbeldon 13 but Del Potro made Djokovic tired . Wawrinka played 5 setter match vs Novak in SF but it was not very tough only 3hours. That is how Murray won Wimbeldon ,OG as well. Murray is a good player but not great. He is too far from Djokovic,Federer and Nadal.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Cool story Marc.
Call us when you've actually won a grandslam you troll.

·
Registered
577 Posts

Cool story Marc.
Call us when you've actually won a grandslam you troll.
If ever Rosset could find a time machine, I'm sure he'd call you in 1992, when he won the French Open. Or are you telling me next doubles is not real tennis? :rolleyes:

I also didn't know you needed a GS title to say the truth, Djokovic-Murray matches are boring as shit, I actually thought even MTF had that opinion. I'm just sorry for all the Djokovic fans who have to pretend they like endless generic baseline battles in order to worship their hero.

·
Registered
23,352 Posts

Djokovic and Murray are both cuter than Rosset, so whatever :wavey:

·
Registered
514 Posts

If ever Rosset could find a time machine, I'm sure he'd call you in 1992, when he won the French Open. Or are you telling me next doubles is not real tennis?:rolleyes:
At which time I'd be delighted to advise him that doubles is not legit, but that he ought give you a ring as someone who apparently cares about his shitty doubles game.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts