Mens Tennis Forums banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Nice thing to say, asshole.
Hey, as a big Federer admirer (but no longer a fan - mostly rooted for him in juniors, not on pro tour), I am not WISHING for it to happen, to say the least.

But like Mozart, Pushkin, Jesus, etc... Fed is ripe for Leaving Us while at the Pinnacle of his Greatness.

;)

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Safin is an overachiever: normally struggling to beat top 50-players, but pulls out some great performances now and then.

Seriously: save us this stupid "idiot-savant"-discussion. Marat is talented, but not the best and the worst. He can lose while playing his best, and win while not playing 100%. And grass cannot be considered a bad surface for him anymore, his Halle appearance speaks for itself.

·
Registered
877 Posts
oz_boz said:
.Seriously: save us this stupid "idiot-savant"-discussion. Marat is talented, but not the best and the worst.
If by "not the best, not the worst" you mean "one of the most talented humans to ever pick a racquet"... then I agree completely.

Marat is hugely talented, almost as talented as Federer in fact. You just have no eye and no instincts to discern it. Your loss.

And, yes, multiple serious injuries AND not caring about making yourself better CAN derail even the most promising a career.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well...not underachiever persé persé....he still has reached 4 finals so at least he wasn´t a one-slam wonder, although yeah...he should have won more majors, 2002 Oz open comes to mind...but other than that, once Roger got serious...it was lights off for everybody else.

I think Marat has a couple more oz opens in him...seems like his game is perfect for the surface.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts