Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His shoulder is worse than expected. He with drew from the
tournament. First was his back and now this... hopefully it isnt so bad he cant play next week.
Yes, i completely agree that this tennis calendar will kill a player someday...OMG! So many injuried players and now my beloved Marat....

Good lucky Marat! The best wishes for u!

Kisses for you too...so cute!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
which tourny did he withdraw from? :confused:

i swear he looks a bit like Justin Timberlake in that pix. lol!

·
Registered
672 Posts
He Withdrew from the Adidas International'. Look in that forum, under Current Tournaments. :D

Get Well Marat! :bounce:

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Well now Lee gets an easy walkover...eh

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
it's an injury common to sports that involve an overhead pitching or serving motion. as a fellow sufferer let me tell you, it fricking sucks! grrrrr.....:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Get well soon Marat! :sad: :sad:

Please be ready for AO, it will not be the same without you!!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
:sad: get well soon marat!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
warfreakbix said:
Get well soon Marat! :sad: :sad:

Please be ready for AO, it will not be the same without you!!!
I second that!

GET WELL SOON MARAT!!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Here is an article.

Injured Safin Pulls Out of Sydney International

BY JULIAN LINDEN
Reuters

SYDNEY - A shoulder injury forced Marat Safin to withdraw from the Sydney International tennis tournament on Thursday but the giant Russian said he expected to recover in time for next week's Australian Open.

Safin was due to meet Korean qualifier Lee Hyung-taik in Thursday's quarter-finals but told organizers he had pulled out on medical advice because of problems with his serving shoulder.

"It hurts and I cannot serve, there's a lot of pain," Safin said.

"(The doctor) said it's quite serious and it was better to stop right now."

Safin said he still expected to play in the Australian Open, starting on Monday, but would ask tournament officials for a late start to give him as much time as possible.

He said he would fly to Melbourne on Thursday night to receive treatment and was prepared to play with painkillers to get him through the first few rounds.

"I need to stop for a few days...but I hope I will be okay, I'm not sure but there is a chance," he said.

"I can play forehand, backhand, anything, expect serve.

"I'll be okay but I'll ask for a late start and try to recover."

Safin lost to Thomas Johansson in the final of last year's Australian Open and is one of the tournament favorites this year after being seeded fourth.

He had shown he was in good form and in top physical condition in his two appearances in Sydney, where he was the top seed and the main drawcard.

He thrashed Olivier Rochus 6-1 6-4 in his first round match then survived oppressive 40 degrees Celsius heat to down Jarkko Nieminen 3-6 6-1 6-2 on Wednesday before pulling out.

"I'm starting to play better and I'm in good shape," he said.

"It's okay. I won two matches and I got some confidence.

"It happens but hopefully this is the biggest injury of the year."

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Marat :sad:

Take care of that shoulder and try to be fit for the AO. I hope the organisers will take account of your problems and will let you start late.

But this is getting really ridiculous :mad:

This year we should also have a Para-Australian Open

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

This year we should also have a Para-Australian Open
LMAO!!! Friken hillarious.
Hope he gets better soon!! He is in Melbourne now. Flew here today....will have 3 full days of treatment.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hhhhmmm, al lthis means I guess that Marat won't win Aussie Open for sure and what is the most terrible - he may lose to a qualifier and then say that it was because of injury.......... Not a good start............. anyway, we'll see

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Marat:( :sad:
Please get well soon.
Hope it is not too serious and he can play the AO, it wil be not the same without my baby:sad:

Why Marat???? Was the back in 2001 not enough??:mad:

·
Registered
166 Posts
there were speculations that it's not as bad as people think... Marat's withdrawal was mostly tactical, since he didn't want to play in an awfully hot Sidney realizing that he is in good form...

I hope it's true.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts