Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Very good call.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Time to regroup and think about the future. If he wants to come back and improve his results of this year, work hard and stop believing the "i'm the tormented genius and when i turn it on nobody can beat me" shit. If indeed the knee injuries and age are impossible obstacles to overcome to raise his level, just relax and have fun, and retire when he feels like it. He has had a very good career, won a lot of money, and probably have sex with a lot of hot women, so he shouldn't have regrets at all.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
party time!!! :drink: (and :drive:??)

·
Registered
27,356 Posts
Why is he skipping DC? I'd be milking the title for all its worth even if I didn't play.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
On the bright side, it means we have an even better chance to win Davis Cup.
Marat would have been a liability and it's doubtful he would have played a role in tie given his current form. maybe doubles with Tursonov but even i don't think it's such a big loss.

Safin will be better next year i'm guessing.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
The Russians are throwing a party in Moscow tonight after hearing of this news. Their DC chances just improved.

i agree with both statements :drink:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
:sad: no chance to see Marat, I was going to Portland mainly for mountain man... well, I guess Kolya and Tursunov will be my consolation prize.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
The thing is is that Marat can't just 'have fun' on tour because he's way too fucked in the head to do so. My guess is that if he can't really make some noise and shake things up next year he will end up calling it quits. I mean it's been a while where Safin did anything significant or won any title and I'm sure it's eating him up inside. His ranking is in the shits as well. I do wish him luck for next year, but I just don't see it happening, sadly.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Is Marat the ATP player with the longest title drought next to JCF?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts