Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
If it is true, I think he has a point. All the players and their staff who have been in close contact with Benoît Paire are not allowed anymore to leave their rooms, they can't come back to the site and not return to their country until further notice.
So we are talking about all the players who are out of the tournament (Gasquet, Barrère, ...and some ladies)

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Well, at least he isn't coming up with this after choking a 6-1 5-1 like Mugdenovic, in which case he would have looked like a sore loser more than anything else.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris Fowler of Espn said Mannarino will only play if they can reach an agreement with the organisers. Not sure what leverage Mannarino has here, it's not like the tournament desperately needs him to play.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latest news is that authorities are not sure if Mannarino can play because his proximity to Paire. So this might not be down to Mannarino going on some kind of strike like I first suggested.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Latest news is that authorities are not sure if Mannarino can play because his proximity to Paire. So this might not be down to Mannarino going on some kind of strike like I first suggested.
If that's true it's an absolute joke.

Would be a good moment for Djokovic and his new player council to step in and prove their worth.

·
Your visions will happen
51,238 Posts
He must have tested positive otherwise there would not be all this

But I also agree the forced quarantine even after losing is a joke

·
justice for all
17,913 Posts
It’s a circus right now. Now tell me this tournament isn’t asterisked.

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Scandale

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Wouldn't it be a bigger scandal if a player with Covid-19 was allowed to play?

And surely that would require Zverev's consent?
Mannarino is not positive, it is probably related to the new quarantine imposed to the close contacts of Paire
If Mannarinov had been tested positive, it would have already been announced and Zverev would have won by WO

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It has started. Thereafter back to prison for the Paire11

·
Registered
21,556 Posts
1 - 20 of 87 Posts