Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:spit:

Baghdatis was just hitting almost everything to the middle towards the end of the match, as if they were warming up :spit: Lots of fluff balls. He looked entirely unmotivated.

There was a pretty questionable overrule in Baghdatis's favor at *5-6 15-30 which would have set up two MPs (and after two other overrules which seemed less questionable but which did have Klein going mad). Klein did have a MP after on the Cypriot's serve. It didn't matter as he ended up taking the match in the tie-break anyway.

It's pretty hard to believe that this Baghdatis won a match in a Grand Slam last week and that he reached the SF and QF at Wimbledon before.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Absolutely lifeless display, completely inexcusable. Embarrassing stuff, but I did feel like he might scrape through after some of those bizarre line calls/overrules near the end - but in the end Klein was the deserved winner. I'm impressed how he held it together to get over the line actually.

Marcos needs to take a long hard look at himself, he's had a golden opportunity to gain some points in the last couple of months to help him move closer to the top 30 and he's utterly failed to do so.

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Great result. Love it when the racist loses.
Brydan Klein has been banned for six months by the ATP after an investigation into the 19-year-old's racial abuse of a South African opponent at a UK tournament last month. The ban follows Klein being fined the ATP maximum of $14,000, and his suspension from the Australian Institute of Sport.

Klein called Raven Klaasen a "f---ing ******" during a tournament in Eastbourne. An ATP statement issued yesterday said Klein, who apologised after his outburst, had been suspended from the ATP World Tour and ATP Challenger Tour, having been found to have committed the "player major offense, aggravated behaviour", under its code of conduct. He was fined a further $10,000 following the investigation.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
plenty of kebab houses for Baggy to feast on in Manchester

·
MONSOON season.
82,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
plenty of kebab houses for Baggy to feast on in Manchester
But getting to those kebab houses requires more movement than he showed in this match.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Embarrassing result for Marcos

·
MONSOON season.
82,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Klein still won a set though. Pretty good event for him here.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He won the match, so two sets. (Ben je net wakker of zo?) :p
No, against Saville.

I started this thread on the Baghdatis win :p

(En ja, maar het is nog ochtend hier in de VS :p)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
No, against Saville.

I started this thread on the Baghdatis win :p

(En ja, maar het is nog ochtend hier in de VS :p)

Oh ooops, I didn't realise lol, that backfired :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts