Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
I don't know why, but the fact that this douche nozzle was on the Sunshine list makes it all that more hilarious that he lost his job for basically being an ass.

Kudos to the reporter though for going after them. She interviewed the next day and had stated that this happens all the time to them, and this time the actually caught it on live TV and she just had enough.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Democracie? Freedom of speech?
A lot of businesses in Canada have Code of Conducts that all employees must sign. My company has one. And yes some of them can extend to non-work activities, especially when they are this public.

Freedom of Speech is one thing, but there is also consequences for your actions. FHRITP borders on sexual harassment, especially since they are hurled mostly at female reporters. While this guy didn't say FHRITP, he mentioned that "In England they stick vibrators in your ears, you're lucky I don't have a vibrator right now."

In today's digital age he can easily be tracked back to this company, which by the way is a public sector company.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts

·
RAVE ON
18,879 Posts
It was not just an opinion, but a threat. That is different from having an opinion that some people may choose to find offensive.

Although there is a grey zone here because he was not the one who made the threat. But that could be a legal issue.

As for the guy who was fired, he is free to take his employers to court if he thinks his behaviour was not sufficient grounds for dismissal.

·
RAVE ON
18,879 Posts
That kid has a great idea! Have the players bring the issue up too and say it's not ok that fans of theirs did this in their building.
Technically, I think it was outside the stadium. But they have already indicated that those fans will not be allowed inside the stadium in the future.

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
It is such a stupid meme, it is not even funny. I don't understand why guys feel the need to do such stupidity

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
in poland we don't have this "habit" but when we want to be vulgar, we say "right in the ass"

seems like canada is ahead of us in terms of women's rights anyway ;)

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Maybe I'm being daft here but they weren't yelling "Fuck you right in the pussy!" so how is it a threat?

The way I see it they are just shouting a phrase which happens to have the words "fuck" and "pussy" in it but does not amount to sexual harassment. Yes, it is dumb and juvenile and you have to be an idiot to do it on live TV (especially if you are over the age of 13) but sexual assault? Come on.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Freedom of speech does not mean there are not consequences. People are free in this country to be anti-gray, a Nazi, or a commie. That does not mean I as a business owner have to keep paying a self-avowed Nazi to represent my company. Very simple ... You get fired for much less these days. Let alone this ... even I, as an anarchist, understand that free speech is not really "free."

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Thank the fucking Lord...I am so sick of that bullshit thing used to not only annoy, but hurt and harass reporters. This thing is so old...and, having personal experience with this dreadful, mind-numbing phrase, I have found out that all the people who have said it are douchebags.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Maybe I'm being daft here but they weren't yelling "Fuck you right in the pussy!" so how is it a threat?

The way I see it they are just shouting a phrase which happens to have the words "fuck" and "pussy" in it but does not amount to sexual harassment. Yes, it is dumb and juvenile and you have to be an idiot to do it on live TV (especially if you are over the age of 13) but sexual assault? Come on.
I'm sure you'll get a different story from these female reporters. The thing is is wasn't this one incident of having FHRITP yelled at her, she said that it happens quite frequently. This just happened to be a boiling point. She had setup in an area to do the live hit, and before the even started recording she many men shouting it at her, so after that many at once she finally had enough.

Again the guy that was fired didn't actually say FHRITP, but when she confronted him he thought it was funny then did actually threaten to shove a vibrator in her ear "if he had one". THAT is sexual harassment.

·
RAVE ON
18,879 Posts
Thank the fucking Lord...I am so sick of that bullshit thing used to not only annoy, but hurt and harass reporters. This thing is so old...and, having personal experience with this dreadful, mind-numbing phrase, I have found out that all the people who have said it are douchebags.
Probably the same could be said about all the people who say "Thank the fucking Lord."

·
RAVE ON
18,879 Posts
Someone in Calgary just got fined for shouting it at a reporter from a moving car. The charge was "stunting," which is defined as startling, distracting or interfering with users of a public highway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts