Mens Tennis Forums banner

????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
52,886 Posts
One more year and that's it hope he can stay healthy to play at least 50 games next year

·
RAVE ON
19,974 Posts
That table and the things on it look like a shrine to bad taste.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Kobe is done. He's just ruining the Lakers in his last years with that huge contract. I'll never understand how he claims to be a winner who wants to compete for the title when he wants such a big salary that prevents his franchise from having a better roster.

·
Your visions will happen
52,886 Posts
It's very sad man. Mamba's generation is ending. Dirk, Duncan and the rest.
Yep I hear ya. And now we feel old cause the guys we grew up watching are gone and all the young players in the league are our age.

Kobe is done. He's just ruining the Lakers in his last years with that huge contract. I'll never understand how he claims to be a winner who wants to compete for the title when he wants such a big salary that prevents his franchise from having a better roster.
Now now. Don't hate the player for getting his money, for being paid to his true market value. Hate the greedy owners for having such an artificially low salary cap.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I would say hate the stupid owners who paid over market value for sentimental reasons.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Lakers are ruining him with that pathetic roster. They had plenty of cap space even with Kobe's max, they just can't attract free agents due to poor management.

Well done, Kobe, keep getting paid :yeah:

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
I would have never guessed his career would end up like this, riddled with injuries. I thought he was immune to all of it. I still don't know how he tore his rotator on that dunk, seemed like a normal play to me.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yep I hear ya. And now we feel old cause the guys we grew up watching are gone and all the young players in the league are our age.

Now now. Don't hate the player for getting his money, for being paid to his true market value. Hate the greedy owners for having such an artificially low salary cap.
I feel confused with his contract. For me it´s unbalanced. Players in their prime should be getting the big bucks.

Lebron should be the highest paid player this year if there were any justice. But in 3-4 years when he´s washed up he´ll get 20Million a year or so.

But that´s the NBA and the american way.
Beeing paid over 40Million over 2 years and play less the 60 games?That´s just wrong.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
That table and the things on it look like a shrine to bad taste.
it does cry - i have too much money i never thought i would have and i have no idea what to do with it, after buying the cars and the house.

·
Your visions will happen
52,886 Posts
I feel confused with his contract. For me it´s unbalanced. Players in their prime should be getting the big bucks.

Lebron should be the highest paid player this year if there were any justice. But in 3-4 years when he´s washed up he´ll get 20Million a year or so.

But that´s the NBA and the american way.
Beeing paid over 40Million over 2 years and play less the 60 games?That´s just wrong.
The Lakers got a new TV contract with Time Warner Cable a few years back. Some deal in the billions of dollars. Kobe is smart enough to know that when he plays, ratings go up, and when he doesn't, the ratings are still decent but nowhere near when he is playing.

As a businessman, Kobe is flexing his proverbial muscle. And why shouldn't he? The true problem is the owners negotiating a lower than market salary cap meaning the owners are paid a ridiculous amount. The media doesn't talk of greedy owners though, only greedy players

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Never heard of him, but hope the lad recovers soon and gets back to playing the netball. Must get paid a decent amount to be able to afford those Frozen placemats..

·
RAVE ON
19,974 Posts
Never heard of him, but hope the lad recovers soon and gets back to playing the netball. Must get paid a decent amount to be able to afford those Frozen placemats..
Is that what they are? Maybe they were free with the burrito.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Lakers are ruining him with that pathetic roster. They had plenty of cap space even with Kobe's max, they just can't attract free agents due to poor management.

Well done, Kobe, keep getting paid
:spit: maybe it's because no one want to waste his years in one team with old, arrogant, injury-prone egomaniac? LAL had almost 40 millions with nash and kobe. You cant build even playoff team with that.

·
Registered
26,156 Posts
I read they offered him this contract right away, and not something sensible like 15m/year, which could have still been attractive for him. :eek:

It was probably a good decision from Kobe to take the big money, you just can't trust this front office to build a contender. There were only Melo and LeBron this year who would have really helped, and neither of them was ever going to sign with the Lakers. Kobe certainly wouldn't like to do something like Nowitzki and then see a mug like Parsons earn 6.5 million more than him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts