·
Registered
5,200 Posts
x-man :)

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Nasty. What was it?
Well, I don't know, she said he seemed to have an abdominal strain or something like that, but the French articles only say he completely crumbled physically, so maybe he wasn't injured.

Anyway, I just posted that to say I wouldn't read too much into the clear scoreline for Malisse, everybody seems to agree Serra was pathetic after the 1st set (for whatever reason).

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Malisse choked the first set. He was lucky later on if this rumour about Serra's gossip is true.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Malisse :yeah:

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I don't know if Serra was injured but in the second set he pressed his fingers against the center line of his abdomen in the midriff area. Then he bent backward as if trying to stretch it out. After that, his serve went off something dreadful. At one point he gave a wild look at his sideline group and put his head in his hands. He was distraught. He kept going out there though and never called for a trainer -- so your guess is as good as mine.

Xavier was a mess in the first set. He was talking to himself constantly -- in English! and just before the tiebreak began he was saying "I choked my fucking nuts off at game point" I guess thinking he should have broken Serra. So, then he immediately went down 0-6!!! but then won the next FIVE points, but lost the tiebreak. I don't know if that was choking. I expected him to fold after that, but he kept on playing at a good level, and then Serra went into his -- whatever it was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts