Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
:lol: David
not often I've seen him do silly faces, he must have really been in a good mood today and rightly so, great job! Keep the good work tomorrow :yeah:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It must have been the fact that David training with Gaston has bought the best out of him.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Alma said:
:lol: David
not often I've seen him do silly faces, he must have really been in a good mood today and rightly so, great job! Keep the good work tomorrow :yeah:
It's only training with Gaston that has bought out the best in his tennis.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
sigmagirl91 said:
A "Caption This" special for sure.
Hmmm halusky and pivo (beer in Slovak).

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Hmmm halusky and pivo (beer in Slovak).
Sure that when you see a guy like david on the last photo you can think that a pivo would be great for him. But don't know why, I doubt that's the right option for him! :scratch: ;)

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Choupi said:
Sure that when you see a guy like david on the last photo you can think that a pivo would be great for him. But don't know why, I doubt that's the right option for him! :scratch: ;)
He can have plenty of beer after they win the tie.

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
He can have plenty of beer after they win the tie.
Exactly what I meant! :yeah: Though if he wants to celebrate the final victory with anything else than beer, I have no objection! :)

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
from the DC site

“They played very well,” admitted Nalbandian. “We tried to do our best, I think we played at a very good level, but they played better than us. It’s not funny to be 2-1 down, but that’s the way it is. We were match point down, they got back an incredible volley, but we didn’t start with our best performances in both tiebreaks, and we were a bit unlucky in a few points.”

That’s a fair summary, but Nalbandian will need to lift his level if he finds himself facing Beck on Sunday, this time in a fifth rubber. For that to happen, Coria will have to beat Hrbaty in the first reverse singles, but both Beck and Nalbandian don’t feel physically stressed about a possible third match of the weekend. “I feel fine,” said Beck, “I’ve played two three-setters, so it’s better for me, and if it’s 2-2 I’ll be ready to play.” Asked whether he was up for a live fifth rubber, Nalbandian replied: “Yeah, I’m going to be ready.”

The momentum is clearly with the Slovak Republic going into the final day, and it’s well set up for Hrbaty to be the national hero once again. But Argentina can take hope from the fact that the first three rubbers of this semi-final have all gone counter to expectations, so whatever anyone expects from Sunday’s matches probably won’t happen!
good thinking, lol;) the magic was with the slovaks this time, lets hope it turns around tomorrow.....vamos guys, get together and make up a plan :secret: leave the pivo for later!;)

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have heard that Gaston is playing the 4th match against Hrbaty. In a way I am happy, but at the same time I am not sure about the reasoning. Maybe he can exercise the ghosts in Malaga, but I just hope he doesn't become the fall guy if he loses to Hrbaty.

·
Registered
126 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
I have heard that Gaston is playing the 4th match against Hrbaty. In a way I am happy, but at the same time I am not sure about the reasoning. Maybe he can exercise the ghosts in Malaga, but I just hope he doesn't become the fall guy if he loses to Hrbaty.
hey. i heard that too and maybe they have something in mind. i thought it wierd as well, because on red hard gaston might not use his abilities the way coria should have, (coria once defeted hrbaty on hard back in 2002,but he couldn't do anything against karol beck (the guy seems eally nice,but he can't play tennis). and remember australian open 2005, gaudio lost to hrbaty in 5 sets. eather way there chances are dnot too big, but mancini still wants to give a shot, so why not. the other thing that comes to my mind is that coria might be injured (mentaly).
anyway, i hope i can see the match on tv, this stupid cable is stuck on russians and croatians.
good like you guys
GASTON,

"be brave and mighty forces will come to you!"

·
Registered
169 Posts
We've suffered from the bad experience,Good luck,GG,We'll stand by your side .

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
So those weren't only rumours...well, Mancini knows what he does, he must have his reasons. Just hope that Gaston won't take it too much personally if he happens to lose that match. The ghosts of Malaga need to be definitely burried.

Anyway, vamos Gaston and vamos Argentina. :bounce:

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
Vamos Gaston y vamos Argentina :yeah:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Didnt expect I'll be at home this time, but I'm here and WOW :eek:
well, hope nothing will revive the ghosts in Malaga and VAMOS GASTON AND ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
sonatinca said:
Didnt expect I'll be at home this time, but I'm here and WOW :eek:
well, hope nothing will revive the ghosts in Malaga and VAMOS GASTON AND ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:
According to Jazz_Girl over on GM - it will be Coria and not Gaston in action today - perhaps Mancini is playing some strange "mind game" with the Slovaks, so that Hrbaty doesn't know who to prepare mentally to face.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The match will start in a few seconds and it's Coria who'll play.. i'm sorry to say that but i'm a bit relieved :rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 127 Posts