Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
Re: Making Halusky in Slovakia Davis Cup Thread

Well thats one thing that's always distinguished Gaston in that individual sport, he's always thriving to be in his team and values those moments so much, probably more than any of the guys there. It would be so nice if he can play one match here, which I guess is possible if there are dead rubbers.

Not everyone is full of heart like Gaston but this thing about the "ego", atleast for one those you are reffering to is so overblown. Atleast they turn up and are ready to play and it's oh such a crime to say they are sursprised they werent chosen in singles or somethin.From what I've read not all captains are so full of heart like Mancini too, but thats life.

·
Registered
100,161 Posts

what about the situation?
Italy-Spanish
Seppi-Ferrero 2-2, now 5 set :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

VAMOS DAVID, MORE THAN EVER!!!
Coria lost his rubber (11 dfs!) against an inspired Beck, and now it's obvious that the whole tie depends upon David and the doubles! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,073 Posts

Thanks for the update Vale. :) So, vamos David and Mariano! :bounce: Make your way to the final for your team!!!!

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts

Betty said:
what about the situation?
Italy-Spanish
Seppi-Ferrero 2-2, now 5 set :rolleyes:
Yes - Seppi won - congrats to him :) As for Coria losing to Beck - too much ego and too much under-estimating his opponent I would imagine :rolleyes: Every article I've read on the tie has been full of Argentine confidence (no harm in that of course) - but the only Slovak player they even seemed to think rated a mention as a "danger" was Hrbaty - well maybe Coria has learnt a lesson from this.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Alma said:
Not everyone is full of heart like Gaston but this thing about the "ego", atleast for one those you are reffering to is so overblown. Atleast they turn up and are ready to play and it's oh such a crime to say they are sursprised they werent chosen in singles or somethin.From what I've read not all captains are so full of heart like Mancini too, but thats life.
Who do you actually think I am referring to? If you are referring to Ferrero and Arrese I have already made enough comments by that and I don't need to make any more, but I know what I saw.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Rosie said:
Yes - Seppi won - congrats to him :) As for Coria losing to Beck - too much ego and too much under-estimating his opponent I would imagine :rolleyes: Every article I've read on the tie has been full of Argentine confidence (no harm in that of course) - but the only Slovak player they even seemed to think rated a mention as a "danger" was Hrbaty - well maybe Coria has learnt a lesson from this.
I am very happy for Seppi, then again it's good being in a minority and someone who rose to the occasion and I am thinking since when did you like Davis Cup.

Maybe Coria underestimated Beck, but then again maybe not Beck can play very well on fast surfaces and the home factor helps as well and it will be very tough for Nalle to beat Hrbaty.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts

GeorgeWHitler said:
I am very happy for Seppi, then again it's good being in a minority and someone who rose to the occasion and I am thinking since when did you like Davis Cup.

Maybe Coria underestimated Beck, but then again maybe not Beck can play very well on fast surfaces and the home factor helps as well and it will be very tough for Nalle to beat Hrbaty.
I don't like Davis Cup - couldn't give a **** about it as you well know, which is why I haven't posted in this thread until now. But it's still tennis - I still follow the scores and watch the matches if they're on TV, and I was merely congratulating Seppi for winning against a much higher ranked player over 5 sets - I would have done the same if the match against Ferrero had been in a Grand Slam. As for my comments about Coria - surely I'm entitled to comment on a DC tie even if I think the whole thing is a waste of time and I'm more interested in the Szczecin Challenger :angel:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Rosie said:
I don't like Davis Cup - couldn't give a **** about it as you well know, which is why I haven't posted in this thread until now. But it's still tennis - I still follow the scores and watch the matches if they're on TV, and I was merely congratulating Seppi for winning against a much higher ranked player over 5 sets - I would have done the same if the match against Ferrero had been in a Grand Slam. As for my comments about Coria - surely I'm entitled to comment on a DC tie even if I think the whole thing is a waste of time and I'm more interested in the Szczecin Challenger :angel:
I was more surprised that you commented on a Davis Cup tie, not what you said, though you are good enough not to call me a dumb nationalist, cause I appreciate what Davis Cup is about and reading Seppi's comments it does mean something to some people.

Nalle leads 2 sets 1 in his match against Hrbaty.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts

GeorgeWHitler said:
I was more surprised that you commented on a Davis Cup tie, not what you said, though you are good enough not to call me a dumb nationalist, cause I appreciate what Davis Cup is about and reading Seppi's comments it does mean something to some people.

Nalle leads 2 sets 1 in his match against Hrbaty.
I commented on a tennis match - regardless of whether it was DC or not - I talk about George Bush sometimes - doesn't mean I like him!!! :devil: And of course I know DC means something to lots of people - just not to me. As for calling you names - I wouldn't dare :angel:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

4-2 Nalle

It looks like he is doing what the weasel couldn't do.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

5-3 Nalle

He is done 15-30, his job isn't over yet.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nalle seems to be a very similar type to Hrbaty, once they play for their country, they grow into much bigger players and love this atmosphere.

It takes cojones the size of Argentina to beat Hrbaty in Slovakia and now it's 1-1, but I thought the results will be the other way. Just hope Nalle and the Door can turn it on tommorrow.

I have found some good action pics and I will put them here as it's the Argentine cheering thread.

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Congratulations to David. I hope that tomorrow, Mariano and him will be able to keep up the good work. Vamos Argentina. :bounce:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here is the victor against Hrbaty and hopefully the victor tommorrow.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
He can't be stealing Gaston's moves.

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Thanks for the pics. They're awesome. They show how tough and how great it has been. Though I have to admit I personally have a crush on the 3rd one...Hey David, what do you think of this one? :nerner: :haha: ;)

21 - 40 of 127 Posts