Kevin Kim
Gilles Muller
Jeff Morrison
Wayne Arthurs
Jan Hernych

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
Good luck to Max Mirnyi, Robby Ginepri, Wayne Arthurs, Nicolas Kiefer and Tim Henman!

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Good Luck:

RUSEDSKI, Greg
BJORKMAN, Jonas
POPP, Alexander

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Good luck to Brian Baker and Bobby Reynolds. They played each other yesterday at the SFs in Lexington. Baker got tight at the 11th game of both sets and dropped serve so Bobby won 7-5, 7-5.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Good luck:

LAPENTTI, Giovanni
KARLOVIC, Ivo
MIRNYI, Max
SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn
HRBATY, Dominik
LAPENTTI, Nicolas
BJORKMAN, Jonas
BLAKE, James
AGASSI, Andre

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Good luck to.... :yeah:

MIRNYI, Max BLR[/B]
SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
HRBATY, Dominik SVK[/B]
KIEFER, Nicolas GER
BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
POPP, Alexander GER
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE
MELLO, Ricardo BRA
HERNYCH, Jan CZE

·
Registered
64 Posts
good luck to Jaime delgado,i see he has got into the draw as a LL despite losing to Simmonds cus of mardy fish pulling out.Lets hope he can beat jan heyndech and then bring on Agassi!!!!!

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Since MD play hasn't started yet, shouldn't someone else have been promoted to a seed and the LL take that person's spot? That's what happened last week in LA when Rusedski withdrew, at about the same time as Andre withdrew from DC.

Edit, never mind, I see they did not do this :eek: De Chaunac goes right into Andre's spot and gets a bye. Why is it so different from what happened last week! Play hasn't started yet, this seems not right. Someone should've been promoted to the 17th seed and gotten that spot and De Chaunac should've been put into that spot. Now the draw is ridiculous on the bottom quarter!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Agassi Pulls Out of Legg Mason

By Liz Clarke
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, August 1, 2005; 11:33 AM

Andre Agassi has withdrawn from the Legg Mason Tennis Classic, breaking a 16-year streak of consecutive appearances in the hard-court tournament.

Agassi informed tournament officials by fax Sunday night, shortly after defeating Gilles Muller to win his first tournament of the year, the Mercedes-Benz Cup in Los Angeles.

"Over the years I have been privileged to be a part of the Legg Mason," Agassi's letter read. "However, at this point in my career, I have to be extremely selective about the amount of matches that I play in preparation of the U.S. Open. I am sorry that I will not be there this year, but hope to return in 2006."

Agassi, 35, has been struggling with debilitating pain from periodic flare-ups of a sciatic nerve in his lower back. The nagging injury led to his first-round defeat in the French Open in May. After taking two months to recuperate, he returned to competition last week in Los Angeles and looked in dazzling form in Sunday's final, defeating Muller, 6-4, 7-5 for his 60th career title.

With eight Grand Slam titles on his resume, Agassi has his sights set on peaking for this year's U.S. Open. His withdrawal from the Legg Mason leaves top-seeded Andy Roddick as the tournament's main attraction. It also opens up the other half of the draw, where Czechoslavkia's Radek Stepanek is the highest seed remaining (fourth).

Tournament chairman Donald Dell called Agassi's withdrawal unfortunate but understandable. "We are very appreciative of his participation and loyalty to the event every year since 1990," Dell said in a statement. "After winning the Mercedes-Benz tournament in Los Angeles this weekend, Andre feels he needs to rest, and we certainly understand that his health has to be his first priority."

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Debstah said:
Since MD play hasn't started yet, shouldn't someone else have been promoted to a seed and the LL take that person's spot? That's what happened last week in LA when Rusedski withdrew, at about the same time as Andre withdrew from DC.

Edit, never mind, I see they did not do this :eek: De Chaunac goes right into Andre's spot and gets a bye. Why is it so different from what happened last week! Play hasn't started yet, this seems not right. Someone should've been promoted to the 17th seed and gotten that spot and De Chaunac should've been put into that spot. Now the draw is ridiculous on the bottom quarter!
Agassi didn't withdraw until after the Monday OOP was released. That's the deciding factor according to the ATP rulebook.

Apparently he didn't withdraw until around 11:00 p.m (so late that De Chaunac had already called for a car on Monday morning to take him to airport since he didn't think he had a chance of getting in).

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
smucav said:
Agassi didn't withdraw until after the Monday OOP was released. That's the deciding factor according to the ATP rulebook.

Apparently he didn't withdraw until around 11:00 p.m (so late that De Chaunac had already called for a car on Monday morning to take him to airport since he didn't think he had a chance of getting in).
As far as I know, same thing happened to Rusedski last week, though... unless he withdrew well before it was announced - we didn't hear about it until late Monday after play had begun :shrug:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts