Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second career final in little more than a month, but even if he does win tomorrow, I suppose he can't help but think this isn't the grass title he should have won.... and those second set tiebreaks are still proving a problem, he lost one to Dupuis as well. Bon chance, Lizard Lips!

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah. Livescore.com says Mahut won 6-2 in the third set. This isn't the first time the two have contradicted each other and both have been wrong in the past, so let's see. I remember back in 2003 some source said Sluiter had beaten Federer in the quarters in Marseille and I was quite down about the result, then heard that Federer had actually won.

I see the ATP site also lists Mahut as the winner, so I guess it must be him. I assume they get their results straight from the source....

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
yay well done Nicholas :woohoo: Good luck in the final, hope he can win it :)

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
cock :(

i mean dick.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Pretty terrible match, the longest rally was four shots, Norman made some pretty entertaining half volleys but also made tons of careless errors on easy shots.

In the first set, Dick Norman hit one of the most spectacular shots I've ever seen. Mahut hit a clean lob over Norman's head, Norman runs back and hits a backhand flick with the opposite face of his racquet for a perfect lob over Mahut. :worship:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Norman is so.....odd. the shot he hit to lose match point was just bizarre and stupid. I don't usually agree with Barry McKay when he commentates, but he was spot on about Norman playing way way way too casually... is he always like that? It was just so odd.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Norman is so.....odd. the shot he hit to lose match point was just bizarre and stupid. I don't usually agree with Barry McKay when he commentates, but he was spot on about Norman playing way way way too casually... is he always like that? It was just so odd.
On some of those volleys, I was thinking, MAN, even I can do better :tape:

For most of the game, I kept asking how could Norman made the semi-final. It's no surprise this is the first SF in his 15 years of pro.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
the only norman i know so far is a magnus

·
Registered
599 Posts
I watched the third set and I saw Norman making some very painful errors. In the last game it seemed like he didn't even care anymore:(

Congrats Mahut. I hope he takes the title.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts