Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Mahut def. Ferrero 5-7 6-4 7-6(1)

:bigclap:

Mahut saved mini-match point at 3:4 (30-40) in the 3rd set with forehand dropshot :D Then Ferrero was twice two points away from victory in the 10th and 12th game.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Re: Mahut def. Ferrero 5-7 6-4 7-6(1)

Well, so much for Ferrero's "comeback"

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Mahut was always going to be a dangerous match for Ferrero on a fast indoor court.

Nice one, Nico.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts

dedicated to Mug Religion

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
crap :awww:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

Quite a poor match really. But credit to Mahut for really stepping it up in that final set TB. JCF played two shocking service games at the start of the 2nd and 3rd sets, which ultimately cost him the match.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Awesome playing by Mahut! :hatoff:

I've been impressed with his game ever since Queens 2007 (yeah, I admit I might have been a bit of a bandwagonner at that time as I had never seen him play before... :p) - but here he showed his true quality yet again.

Lovely, very aggressive playing style - coming to the net whenever possible (and when NOT, too ;)), great serve-volleying, and his drop-volleys (when his game is on) are just fantastic. Great serve, too - 15 aces, did I count that right?

Juanqui :)hug:) - just too passive, reluctant today. Ah well. I hope he's been having a great birthday party yesterday, and I'm sure he'll be back soon.

Thanks gentlemen for a very tight and entertaining match! :worship:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

Mahut has a "wooden technique" (especially from the baseline) but credit to him because of attacking style; he was at the net after almost each first serve, many serve-and-volley play after 2nd serve as well :yeah:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Mahut has a "wooden technique" (especially from the baseline) but credit to him because of attacking style; he was at the net after amost every first serve, many serve-and-volley play after 2nd serve as well :yeah:
Mahut's aggressive style of playing is exactly why I like to watch him so much. He might not be the most talented in terms of 'true' technique, but he at least has the guts to come up to the net and take his chances when they are there. :yeah:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

Mahut's aggressive style of playing is exactly why I like to watch him so much. He might not be the most talented in terms of 'true' technique, but he at least has the guts to come up to the net and take his chances when they are there. :yeah:
It's especially worthy against such a player like Ferrero who plays passing-shots very well.

According to my stats after this loss, Ferrero is 6-9 in matches "two points away from a win" ;)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts

Awesome playing by Mahut! :hatoff:

I've been impressed with his game ever since Queens 2007 (yeah, I admit I might have been a bit of a bandwagonner at that time as I had never seen him play before... :p) - but here he showed his true quality yet again.

Lovely, very aggressive playing style - coming to the net whenever possible (and when NOT, too ;)), great serve-volleying, and his drop-volleys (when his game is on) are just fantastic. Great serve, too - 15 aces, did I count that right?

Juanqui :)hug:) - just too passive, reluctant today. Ah well. I hope he's been having a great birthday party yesterday, and I'm sure he'll be back soon.

Thanks gentlemen for a very tight and entertaining match! :worship:
me too :yeah: sad he couldn't defeat Roddick in that final :rolleyes:

Juanqui :sad:

·
Registered
5,470 Posts

According to my stats after this loss, Ferrero is 6-9 in matches "two points away from a win" ;)
And he won one point more than Mahut.
Well done Nico. :)

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

·
Registered
11,530 Posts

His deluded fans can still keep waiting for this. It will never happen
He can be good again but not great again. Top 20 consistently is possible. This is not a mug loss anyway, Mahut can play well at times and indoors suits him.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts