Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unreal stuff.
So elegant.
Flawless final set until the slight fall from when serving for it.
Painting lines.
Nadal played well and still got beat.
Such a fun player to watch!
Please hammer Djokovic!
Djokovic straight sets likely though.

·
|
14,292 Posts
This match was a complete mess.
Rafa was riddled with errors for more than half the match.
Tsitsipas played the match of his life.
That shows how Rafa is twice as talented : )
Tsitsipas needed Rafa to make all those errors, while Tsitsipas played the match of his life, just to squeak by....

·
|
14,292 Posts
I'll never watch another Tsitsipas match ever again....
Complete and utter fluke artist.
Thank God I'll never have to see him ever again : )

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Nadal is done. He'll make the RG SF to due how poor the clay field is, but Thiem, Djokovic, and hell and maybe even Tsitsipas could take him out there.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Let me introduce a new player to you: Semidal :spit: Dead at Nadal losing in all the semis in the clay season thus far and remains titleless for 2019. He really declines a lot huh? But it is still enough for him to win a couple of rounds until an in-form player takes him out. Even though he still got to the semis in these last couple of events, he still lost in all of them, remained titleless, and his form is horrendous and very alarming for RG.

Congrats Tsitsipas. I have to admit he is a really great and fearless player. Love how he kept teasing the crowd by circling the marks and telling the chair umpire to check them :lol: Thanks god he was up double break in the 3rd set or else it would get really nasty.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Didn’t watch the match but surprised to see Nadal lose while in good form and very fresh from easy draw.

This Greek guy is gonna get the Thiem treatment from Djokovic most likely

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
WHAT. A. GAME. UN. FUCKING. BELIEVABLE.

The stamina. The clutchness. The volleys. The patience. The balls of steel.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you, the future of mens tennis: Stefanos Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Highly entertaining battle...

Not at his best Rafa, but that still makes for quite the contest with a peak Stef here.

Very unexpected 3rd set, tbh.

Madrid has delivered thoroughly this week.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Tsitsipas didn't even play well til the middle of the third. Nadal was so bad, especially the volleys and short forehands. This is a great match-up for him too.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Never thought a second he could win. But well deserved final for Mr. Tits after two sublime performances today and yesterday. :yeah:

Got to laugh at all the clueless Dulltards gloating about Ralphs "amazing level" yesterday, as if Nadal looking amazing against half-assed players hasn't happened before. :lol:

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Really, really good from Stefanos. :) In the end, he just played the big points better than Nadal.

Nadal's volleys in the third set :haha:
I remember when this guy was near invincible on the red stuff. These days he is simply vulnerable.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nadal was extremely mediocre, couldn't find his footing, no confidence in his shots, hitting short, not finishing well at the net.

I don't even want to look at what Nadal's break point conversion was today, unbelievable how many chances he missed in the third set. Tsitsipas has some nice variety and a lot more balls than his peers, but I wasn't overly impressed today.

Djokovic will have it easy tomorrow most likely

·
Registered
107 Posts
jesus where has nadal's confidence on big points gone? he is a mess out there.

think it's hard to forget that nadal is 32. you take a look at what federer is doing at 37 and you take it for granted, but most players decline in their early 30's. i hope on wrong on this one, but these last few weeks have been concerning for rafa.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Massive congrats to Stefanos here...one of the most entertaining match of the year with tons of twists and turns. Not what I was expecting at all. That final game was pretty epic with the match point saves, fantastic atmosphere.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts