Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a battle

Very sharp dips in form from Djokovic throughout the match. Played very well at times, and then succumbed to nerves and made inexplicable errors. Thiem was pretty inconsistent, too. Honestly, he seemed a little sharper than Novak, but I think experience allowed Novak to prevail. Novak never panicked when he was down a break (1st AND 2nd set) or when he was given a 2nd serve after 2 time violations.

Decent match overall.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Poor match from Thiem, aside from occasional huge winners. Just dumb play, even worse, he choked when it mattered. Rafa to win this now.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Excellent match. Djokovic looked sharp as fuck. I loved every second of it. Please bring this form to Roland Garros.

Now I'm praying Nadal makes it to the final. Time for Djokovic to roast him on his favourite surface. Its going to be wonderful. Ajde!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Thiem should have won both sets but mugged it up in terrible fashion, low quality match. :facepalm:

Anyway, at least DJ will roast Ralph now. :yeah:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There were patches in the 1st set where Novak was excellent. But the 2nd set was a mugfest from both guys. Stats would show it as well. Both looked a little worn out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow, didn't expect such high level from Novak. Those countless bounces though have got to go, I like Novak but that got me rooting for Dom. Anyway, I can feel Rafa fanatics wetting their pants right now, gonna be tasty.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Monstrous hitting, haters in ruins. Should have served it out for 7-5. Good to see Novak coming out of a slump, hopefully he peaks at the two coming slams.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Well, well. Seems the old Serb can still put up a fight. This was the best match Djokovic played since Australia. Very nice to see. He wasn't perfect but in any case was much better than recent months.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thiem just wasn't there mentally. Struggled mightily to convert break points and gave his leads away whenever he had them. His serve was below average and his dropshots were woeful. In spite of all that, it was a really close match. A disappointing result, to be sure, but not a disastrous one.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts