Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alex in top gear here this week.
Unbreakable on serve it seems. (Thiem broke when a double break down, lapse in concentration)
Controlling points and moving well.
4 sets in row v Nadal and Thiem.
So happy for him.

Lets F'ing go 馃憡

Valiant effort from Thiem towards the end.

Registered
Expected really, Timmy's form is nowhere near optimal yet despite making SF through a soft draw while Zod is on a high after beating The Nadal. Looks like Saschko is poised to finally win a big title after a two-year drought. We've got something interesting to look forward to, then: how Zverev fares against the nadal in Rome and whether Teem can recover good form in time for RG.

King Of Tennis

COME ONNN!!!!! Sascha does it again!!! :D :D :D :D :D Complete beatdown just like the 2018 Madrid final. 馃コ 馃コ 馃コ Get that third clay masters!!! 馃グ

Thiem has played 24 big clay titles and won 0.

Thiem has played 17 clay masters and won 0.

Thiem has played 50 masters overall and won 1.

Thiem has won 1 title in 2020/2021 combined.

Registered
Impressive for Zverev to have beaten the two best claycourters of the last 3-4 years back to back without dropping a set, even if Thiem and Rafa weren't at their best. He is the favorite to win the title now regardless of who wins the other semifinal.

justice for all
If there are 鈥済ood鈥 losses for Dominic this must be one of them. Sascha truly deserved this win after beating Rafa and after that heartbreaking USO loss. I really like how these two are friends and the moment the match is over they are all smiles and hugs no matter who wins. So congrats to Sascha and all his fans! Well done and wishing you luck in the final! (y)

Dominic still far from his best but a SF run in his 1st clay tournament and after a 2-month break is an optimistic and promising result ahead of the upcoming Roland Garros.

Hopefully he鈥檒l have another good showing in Rome and be fully ready to go for broke in Paris!

Registered
nextgenmug stealing my thread because I technically posted it seconds before the final point was concluded, dastardly devious

GOAT Predictor
I suspected Zverev in straights in Madrid's conditions today especially if he brings good service. Thiem wasnt impressive in previous matches, still far from his best shape and very erratic, Zverev got his "revenge" for 2020 USO.

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nextgenmug stealing my thread because I technically posted it seconds before the final point was concluded, dastardly devious
No i merged and the earliest goes first

Registered
Not too surprising, Thiem hasn't been anywhere near his best all week despite making the semis. Got another easy path in Rome though, he's got a good chance to play himself into form with these kind draws.

Registered
This hawk eye is a joke. Never trusted it as 100% accurate but using it on clay shows its flaws as mark is saying otherwise.
lol it actually showed the mark is wrong.
the ball skids off the mark and it seems like ball is out just by seeing the mark.
But the video of the ball hitting the ground shows that it actually hit the line!
i believe the video more than the mark

Moderator | PreviewBot
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol it actually showed the mark is wrong.
the ball skids off the mark and it seems like ball is out just by seeing the mark.
But the video of the ball hitting the ground shows that it actually hit the line!
i believe the video more than the mark
Maybe so. I never saw the mark. Strange for him to see 3 diff marks wrong though

Registered
So it seems that Zverev only gives 1 break per match this tournament, less clinical than the perfect 2018 Madrid run but still more than enough with his solid ROS. Evans turns out to have been his toughest match before the final :p Thiem still hasn't beaten a top 20 player this season, he's got a lot to improve before RG.

Registered
Thiem not too good but Zverev quite likes playing here. Hopefully he wins tomorrow as well.

Registered
NID. Zverev was the better player and I'm glad he won. Some revenge for the USO disaster. Really hoping that Zverev takes this title tomorrow because its been way too long since he won a big title (tour finals 2018). The Madrid crowd don't seem to like him too much though lol. They were definitely more on Thiem's side. Maybe upset about the Nadal thrashing yesterday.

Thiem should still be satisfied with his week though. SF is not a bad result given it was his first tournament back.

Registered
1 - 20 of 78 Posts