6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Madrid R3: Giraldo def Murray 6-3 6-2

Didn't expect more from Backrray against one of the surface's finest TBH

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Clayray 2.0 Ladies and Gentelmans :worship:

Santi didn't even had to bring his A game, lol.

Giraldo - RBA for a place in a masters SF :worship:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Madrid R3: Giraldo toys with Murray 6-3 6-2

A walk in the park for the future RG champ :shrug: I said Giraldo in 3, too bad i overestimated Murray

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Madrid R3: Giraldo def. Murray 6-3 6-2

Giraldo played great in first set :worship:. Murray pushing as always :spit:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: Madrid R3: Giraldo toys with Murray 6-3 6-2

Clayray :haha:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Andy, just skip the clay season please. No point risking the back for this...

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Re: Madrid R3: RGiraldo def Murray 6-3 6-2

The difference in their respective clay levels was clear here. Pretty darn routine for Giraldo, and keeps playing better and better on the red stuff.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

Totally expected :shrug:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Giraldo finally beats a top 10 at his 20th attempt, although Murray on clay is a huge asterisk.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

Sky Sports commies writing up equations and mathematical formulae to explain why Murray lost today. Ain't that complicated lads.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

Murray wasn't always this bad on clay... I mean to make it to a RG semi is nothing to sneeze at. But at this form he'll be bounced in round 1 or 2 at the latest. I wonder if his back still isn't right?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts

Murray looked like a physical wreck for most of the match. Giraldo was too good in the first set, as for the second, I'm not sure Murray even cared.

I'll repeat this from the commentary thread in case someone with knowledge of the subject might read it:

I'm really not knowledgeable enough about the matter to say, but I start to wonder about this back surgery - has it really made a great deal of difference? Will it? Is it still too soon to say? He still looks like he often has the same trouble on court, we still know that it aches between matches, etc. It's just that there's no obvious difference since before the surgery....

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

Absolutely horrific.

After the usual first service game donation (must be close to a record now) the writing was on the wall. It's not just Murray's movement that is poor on clay, it's his return as well.

Time to employ a Coach and seriously consider skipping the remaining clay events before the grass season. Absolutely no point beating up his body for scraps and thumpings from journeymen. He has nothing to defend anyway.

The miserable year continues.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts