Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrer's returning was out of this world, he could've breadsticked Isner with a bit more luck and accuracy in the first set. In vintage post-2012 fashion he almost managed to clown that amazing performance away while serving for the set when he gifted Isner two BP, but he played great points to save those. Isner served at 86% when Ferrer went up a set and a break, but Ferrer just returned them all with ease, certainly the greatest return performance I have ever seen.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Very good performance by David today, so much better than in his last match. Great returning and Isner was clueless once a rally would start.
Still, it has to be said Isner was really awful and no doubt David will have a much tougher job tomorrow when he faces Gulbis.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Perfect match from Ferrer and to win it in 2 without TB. What a return! :bowdown: With his height and reach it is unbelievable! Isner played well, he was very good even from baseline but David made no UE and gave him no chance.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Home town advantage at work a bit - started very late at night, much heavier conditions, and they'd chucked a pile of extra clay on the court beforehand to slow it down.

Isner wasn't good enough though, offered very little off the ground other than UEs, and Ferrer was ultra solid.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Very good performance by David today, so much better than in his last match. Great returning and Isner was clueless once a rally would start.
Still, it has to be said Isner was really awful and no doubt David will have a much tougher job tomorrow when he faces Gulbis.
Isner was far from awful, Ferrer's returns were just incredible. He wouldn't win points on clay against Ferrer in longer rallies. His only hope was to serve it out in the TB, but David's returns were too good to let it happen.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Incredible performance. Isner served very well, and Ferrer was still in every single return game. The best I've seen anyone return in a very long time. Isner was pretty hopeless in rallies- but he almost never has to play that many- and Ferrer was very good, dictated with the forehand and made few errors outside trying to serve out the first set. Especially shocking after such a poor performance in his first match against Ramos. He'll win the tournament if he keeps playing like that, hope he keeps it up tomorrow against another big server in Gulbis.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nid...good result from ferrer here

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
1 UE from forehand... superb performance David, vamos!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sensational returning from Ferrer. :worship: To be able to get so many Isner first serve returns in play is pure talent.

Only 7 UEs today compared to 51(!) in his last match - hopefully this version of Ferrer will show up in his next match!

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
as others have said outstanding returning from ferrer today. I have never seen anyone be able to handle isner's serve as easily as david did today

·
Registered
623 Posts
Disappointing result for Big John. He has a solid and dangerous FH but Ferrer was too crafty and didn't give him shots he could work with.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Scrambling Ferrer is much better than lumbering Isner. Simple as that.

·
Registered
21,281 Posts
Good stuff Ferrer. I really hope he can win the title, he should reach the final imo. I hope he can find some consistency though, hes been inconsistent lately. I hope he can finally win a clay masters

1 - 20 of 20 Posts