·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Re: Madrid 3R : Dimitrov def.Wawrinka 7-6 3-6 6-3

Stan was dominating his service games till the one he got broken :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
3,788 Posts
Well, Stan has to play hyperaggressive against this opponent on this surface.
He tried it. In some parts he was the better player.
But Dimitrov ist more consistent and better percentage tennis from him.
Stan will have more chances in B05 at the French Open.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Disgusting flukes define his entire career. Inbound before Bulgarian frauds say he played better and Wawrinka error.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Stan is one big chaos.
Next time try convert some BPs.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Grigor still hasn't found his form but he looks better with every win. Tennis is as much a confidence sport as any and he really needs to boost his right now.

He was lucky today as Stan was very good for most of the match except for that game where he broke himself in the third. Of course Grigor gifted the second himself, in a similar manner.

Let's see who he is playing next.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Well done Dimitrov! Now that his season has finally started looks like he trying to make some noise! Second masters QF of the year.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Another choke gifted to diva, no surprise here, not that bad since tomorow the spanish matador will punish him badly ( Rome 2014 semi forever in my heart)

·
Bring it Home
20,502 Posts
Well, like I said earlier, Dimitrov is a bad matchup for Wawrinka.

Stan played better in every phase of the game: serve, return, groundstrokes, even net play (one of those rare days Grigor was awful around the net). And...he still lost in 3. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Only saw the third set and it was freaking awful. Both retreating all the way to Portugal to return each other's second serves, Staniel barely rolling forehands over the net, making errors while not going for anything, ewww.
At least Dimitrov was able to put ball into the court.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
This match was tennis in a nutshell.

First set both players playing well, with Grigor raising his game towards the end and deservedly taking it. Second set the momentum swung massively towards Stan (did he take a bathroom break, it seemed so). He was absolutely killing it out there in every aspect of the game: serve, groundstrokes, shot selection.

But then what happened is what happens so often in tennis. If you don't break your opponent while you are on top, you will eventually go off the boil and let him in. Grigor did brilliantly well to hold on to his serve while Stan was obliterating him. And then again he did well by taking his one and only chance in that eighth game of the last set.

Over the course of the match Stan was probably the more on form player and still lost. Which in my book means Grigor did his job perfectly.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good result for Grigor, he could have easily folded a few times but kept his head in the game and didn't allow himself to go down without a fight.

Stan played some great tennis but a few bad games decided this match against him.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
GRIGOR DIMITROV ON RISE!

Yesterday I him called 60-40 favorite over in form Stan and he proved me right beating him 3 sets on clay. He really does have some matchup advantage over Stan. Many posters put question mark on his MC demolition of Stan referring it fluke but now here's another win. Just suck it up Dimitrov detractors!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts