Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 down, 3 to go.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
NID.

I can bet my entire life's earning on matches like this.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Great match! Kei's depth :eek: Great as usual

Way tougher than the score suggest actually! Even though RBA only got just 2 BP chances in the whole match, he had to work a lot to win points.

Kei was really solid through out the match, just seemed unconfortable in the middle of the second but never lost control.

I like this match up, they should play more often!

:bounce:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,561 Posts
Quite clinical a performance - bonus was his serving to get out of tight spots. No BPs faced till final game. Obviously he'll need to tune up with some loose errors at net but otherwise very efficient. RBA was really on the backfoot from the get go. He played decent but decent doesn't get you far against a top tier player the calibre of Nishikori.

In this form, he should beat Ferrer - I hope he can do it in straights, fingers crossed.
A good step is not losing a middle set to RBA this time :yeah:

·
53,561 Posts
hopefully kei wins his first masters here.
He's definitely got the harder route compared to Nadal. Ferrer and Raonic just like last year...

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
With this form, Nishikori should straight-set every player remaining in the tournament. Otherwise, this straight-set victory will be regarded as a fluke, of course.

·
53,561 Posts
With this form, Nishikori should straight-set every player remaining in the tournament. Otherwise, this straight-set victory will be regarded as a fluke, of course.
I hope what you say is true. Straights for Ferrer and Raonic not easy and if he can do that all the way to the final, would be great for his confidence and health

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Defending his finals points seems to be concentrating Nishi's mind.

I'd certainly like to see the rematch with Nadal, that was really unfortunate last year.

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Nishikori sucks at serving out sets and matches, was on the verge of being broken today again despite coasting on serve all match before that :eek:

·
53,561 Posts
Nishikori sucks at serving out sets and matches, was on the verge of being broken today again despite coasting on serve all match before that :eek:
that smash at 30-15 just a little wide - everything else constructing the pt was great. But yeah tight - crowd also got involved as well, a time violation warning...

·
53,561 Posts
Defending his finals points seems to be concentrating Nishi's mind.

I'd certainly like to see the rematch with Nadal, that was really unfortunate last year.
and Nadal will be fresh yet again while Nishikori will have had to likely endure two titanic battles against 2 top 10ers just to reach Nadal. Draw is rather ridiculous at times...I hope Dimitrov puts in a fair fight.

·
Registered
363 Posts
that smash at 30-15 just a little wide - everything else constructing the pt was great. But yeah tight - crowd also got involved as well, a time violation warning...
He loosed his concentration and missed 2 smashes and 1 backhand shot over the net.
This is not usual.
Kei is among the best smashers on the tournaments.

·
Registered
59,035 Posts
I suspect Nishikori might win this event.

RBA's return was stunningly bad in this match, missed an incredible number considering the quality of Nishikori's serve.

·
Registered
68,421 Posts
rba :hug: sorry but well done samurai!!

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
I suspect Nishikori might win this event.

RBA's return was stunningly bad in this match, missed an incredible number considering the quality of Nishikori's serve.
He gifted 2 returns on break points. Enough said

1 - 16 of 16 Posts