Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home, I saw the scoreline and I knew the only thing worse than the actual match was the fact than it was still running. Then I saw set 3 and it was even worse.

:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
1st set Hubert was GOATing
2nd set Hubert was GOATing until *4-3 40-Ad and he had a relatively easy volley and missed it. Since then everything went downhill and the match became a slugfest.

Good lesson for Hurkacz, he was visibly tired in the end. Zverev still is not at his best for sure.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hubert was serving poorly today, partly because of the wind, otherwise he would win this match in two sets. In the last set he was too fatigued with Zverev who was grinding to the death. Lack of experience on this level was a big difference. Good lesson for the future.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Ouch, tough loss for Hubert. He was a break up in both 2nd and 3rd sets but Zverev managed to break back immediately on both occasions. Zverev seemed more determined (even overexcited I would say, screaming "come on" on every occasion) and he was better at the end. He desperately wants to find his game, QF against Tsitsi could be interesting but Sascha won't be the favourite.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Zverev improving his form for peaking in RG where he will finaly win a grand slam.
:smoking:

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Hurkacz might not be the mentally tough/stable player i thought, he collapsed pretty hard in this one with the finish line on sight...

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Disappointing end for Hurkacz, whose standard was high to start with from what I saw (tuned in from set 2) but dropped off just when it seemed the match was in his grasp. As others have said, lack of experience at this level was probably the difference, though I still expected better from him here.

Zverev was very uninspiring and totally got away with this one - I don't believe Tsitsipas will be as obliging as Hurkacz should he be in a similar position to win.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Zverev being a bully, trash talking poor Hurkacz...

disgusting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts