Mens Tennis Forums banner

Madrid R2: Hurkacz def .Pouille 7-5 6-1

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Mateya 
#1 · (Edited)
Hubi is the real deal. He has the power under control and is serving like a madman.

Now bring on Sascha (easy peasy) or end Ferru's career. Dawaj !

#2 ·
That 2nd set was Hubert who we want to watch all the time. Not only serve, but also return and FH were perfect.

In the 1st Hubi was lucky with the netcord in the last game, which clearly interrupted Pouille rhythm.
But that is tennis, Frenchman is not mentally tough.

Reactions: Mateya
#9 ·
I've just counted. He's got 490 points to defend till December. It is basically nothing and if there are no injuries, dreadful form etc, just normal, regular play - he should finish the season on more or less his race position right now (#30) and that would be sooooooo awesome. Two years ago I was following him in some obscure futures and now he can be seeded for Slams :eek:

#5 ·
Very mature and clutch performance from Hubert. If he keeps developing like he does who knows maybe even TOP10 is not impossible. A year ago I didn’t believe he could make such a breaktru. And I was wrong. And I must say I begin to really like his game. He is an intelligent player. Well done, Hubert.

#6 ·
Good to see HH with good result in another big tournament.

Reactions: masterclass
#11 ·
His development is impressive because his points are coming from the big tournaments. Good luck against Sascha :yeah:

#15 ·
Re: Madrid R2: Hurkacz def. Pouille 7-5 6-1

My five cents :smile2:

Somehow found myself watching part of this match yesterday.
It was very close until 5-5...then Hurkacz went on a 5 games winning streak to lead 7-5 3-0.
There were some long games and Pouille had chances to win many of them. But he didn't and the set went away really quickly. The match was lost in those crucial 10 minutes.
A shame for Pouill, he has the game and the shots but just can't win matches. :|

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.