Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21,703 Posts
Gruelling match, epic point after epic point. Granollers looked like he was giving the match away when he dropped serve at 5-3 in third and received a point penalty at 15-30 on Monfils' serve in the following game for a time violation, but he held on. Gaël will deliver at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Fucking pathetic, retire for your fans Monfils, I can't keep dealing with this shit (even though I have been for several years now). Why did Monfils keep on dropshotting Granollers when it clearly wasn't working? Why do I continously expect shit from him?

·
Registered
564 Posts
What was that point penalty at the end for, didn't quite catch it?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,872 Posts
Uber efforts. W/UE positive for both!
I really wanted La Monf :hug: to win (and he could have with 1st set serving for it) based on his workable draw but Granollers had other ideas. Didn't expect a post 3 hour epic.
As much as I don't take to Granollers game he did fight well so credit there...

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,872 Posts
What was that point penalty at the end for, didn't quite catch it?
time violation I hear
remeber he stayed around the net after the passing shot he did

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Fucking pathetic, retire for your fans Monfils, I can't keep dealing with this shit (even though I have been for several years now). Why did Monfils keep on dropshotting Granollers when it clearly wasn't working? Why do I continously expect shit from him?
What are you even talking about? He won plenty of points with those dropshots, and they definitely tired out Granollers. He didn't lose the match on the dropshots, at all.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
308 Posts
Monfils where is your head?
Even with the help of Barnardes's vendetta against Spanish players, Monfils still managed to lose his serve in that last game.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what makes me laugh from MTF. These guys BOTH played an amazing match but all you get is how Monfils should never lose to Granollers and it was a disgrace, blah blah blah. Bet people saying it didn't watch the match. Some times you just have to credit both players.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I think this match showed why Monfils is where he is and has so few titles etc, when it gets really tight he just doesn't have the belief to hit through that forehand. It is is his best shot yet he seems to not trust it or himself when it gets tight. It was the same against Simon in the final set breaker a couple of months ago, resorting to droppers all the time because he just doesn't believe in the forehand.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
This is what makes me laugh from MTF. These guys BOTH played an amazing match but all you get is how Monfils should never lose to Granollers and it was a disgrace, blah blah blah. Bet people saying it didn't watch the match. Some times you just have to credit both players.
exactly.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Wonderful match, proper clay court slugfest, Marcel let his heart there, deserved victory. Gael wasn't bad either, but he braincramped a bit in the end of the third, Marcel was cramping and looked really tired, shame he didn't break back after the previous break from Granollers.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hats off to Granollers. Such a perfect grinder in his own way. One of the smartest clay courters that have no weapons. Well maybe serve-volley, but that's not really a clay court skill

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Great match, real clay court tennis was on display here , from my point of wiew much more interesting than that serve fest betweeen Rogie and Nick. Granolores fought so hard and deserved the win, Gael had his chances to finish in two, but... Too bad that Marcel is probably out in the next match.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Strategic tank for the upcoming RG crown.

·
Registered
21,703 Posts
Correct. Just like how most people only read the thread title when there is an entire article or post in the OP, it's easy to spot them :lol:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Awful for tennis. Granollers just grunts and grinds and is so unbearable to watch.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts