Mens Tennis Forums banner
121 - 140 of 676 Posts

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Dimitrov played bad, Djokovic played worse, only the drama made up for this tragic match. Move along people, Dimitrov proves nothing with this victory.
you're purely stupid and helpless if you think they both played 'bad'. at moments sure, such as NOvak in the third set, but both hit some sublime shots and were having insane rallies for a lot of parts of the match, that's fact. you obviously haven't watched many Djokovic matches if you think this one was of particularly low level

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Congrats to Grisha! He played really well and got out of the gates in the 3rd set when I thought he might just mail it in...very impressive. Disappointed for Novak, definitely didn't play his best and looked tired out there.

However, the crowd was absolutely PATHETIC, they weren't cheering so much for Grigor as they were cheering for Novak's misses. I don't get why they hate him so much...

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Dimitrov cannot sustain his level over two matches, let alone two sets. Now the entire draw is fucked up and we'll have some lame ass Federer - mug or Nadal - mug final
whatever Djokovic is out of the tournament :haha:

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
this x 100 :hug:

the crowd began to really really root for Dimitrov and applaud Djokovic errors after he took the 10 minute fake injury ankle timeout and then moved wonderfully

and who can blame them? you should get hate if you use gamesmanship like Novak did
here comes the sycophant...

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
good loss for nole. 80 weeks and counting ....

·
Registered
898 Posts
Great win for Dimitrov. Watch him now gettin' routined by Stan the Man next round. :)
I'm pretty sure that's going to happen. I don't wanna take anything away from Grigor, he played amazing tennis today, but all those who are claiming we have witnessed the arrival of Dimitrov today should wait until he can play matches like these on a constant level. He is still young and I'm pretty sure he will get there, but I don't think he is there yet.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
:worship: GRISHA :worship:

You knew this sort of victory was coming given his steady progress this season. :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
haha exactly, Novak can be very classy at times but moments like that, what does he expect? of course they are going to go incredibly against him if he fuels them
He didn`t said MY. And crowd was much more passive after that outburst from #1 :D

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Amazing effort by Dimitrov to beat No 1. It was high time for his breakthrough I guess - mens tennis gets a new star and becomes more interesting. Well fought and deserved, good luck in next rounds. His BH was a true weapon and he displayed great variation.

Novak did what he could but he was empty in that 3rd set and Dimitrov wanted it so much. Classic upset, but that's tennis. I still think Novak will do his best at RG.

Thumbs down to the rude individuals in the crowd who almost ruined this interesting match. Booing that slice winner by Novak? Come on.
Djokovic was being a dick man he was not being a very good sport constantly claiming balls were out that weren't, using injury time out when he had no momentum and then running great, etc etc. he deserved to get booed

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Djokovic even tried to argue about the point he lost when Grigor cramped. Tried to create a new cramping hindrance rule :rolls: He was such a loser at that moment.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
After the slip and limping to the bench followed by a 10 minute injury timeout Djokovic came out moving fine and playing better than he did up till then.The crowd turned against him then,and he cursed them after he won the second set,I can't say what he said because obviously if you repeat what a player actually said on court you get infractions here.
Tennis and justice won here,and big credits to Dimitrov.The cramps need to stop though.
Great post!:worship:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
He didn`t said MY. And crowd was much more passive after that outburst from #1 :D
either way it was a very slanted crowd and understandable why

121 - 140 of 676 Posts