·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one bothering to open the thread :spit:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Copil 4-6 6-3 7-6(7)

Such a shame :sad: Great match to watch, both played well, Marius played maybe the best match i've ever seen him play, very offensive, very "ballsy", too bad it didn't pay off until the end

Congrats Marius nontheless :hatoff: If only he would be a more consistent player

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Copil 4-6 6-3 7-6(7)

Dimitrov clearly distracted and heart broken going from Federer's #1 boy to #3 in a day.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts

Copil impressed me greatly, he's got heart. Played a stunner of a match. Tough to lose one like that, but he proved he can play. He'll be back.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts

What a great match and that incredible tiebreak!

Just a few errors from the FH from Copil in the end, but what a performance.

And good on Dimitrov for pulling through against a GOATing Copil, especially late in the TB, my God some of those shots.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Re: Madrid R?: Dimitrov def Copil 4-6 6-3 7-6

No one bothering to open the thread :spit:
Can't be always me. You also have to move your lazy asses :lol:

·
Registered
33,355 Posts

Only saw the last few games but fantastic shotmaking at times from both.

The crowd celebrating at the end like he'd won a slam was pathetic though.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

Copil was playing the best tennis of his life. Congrats to him for the good match.

An OK performance by Grigor, stayed too passive sometimes, but a win is a win and a ground out win is still a win. On to Berdych!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Dunno why the thread disappeared...

Awesome match. Copil may be low ranked but he played a great match tonight, if he can play like this more consistently the rise is imminent. Dimi wasn't always on but managed to squeeze the W. Lot of fun to watch with both players going for their shots and serving wonderfully.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Madrid R2: Dimitrov def Copil 3-6 6-4 7-6(7)

Best match of the tournament so far. Both guys were really clutch in the tiebreak (and last set in general).

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Copil 4-6 6-3 7-6(7)

Mods deleted the threads?

I might vulture a bit here.

OK win by Dimi, who beat an on-fire Copil. Lines consistently painted by the Romanian but our boy stood firm in the end and took it, not before rolling around in the red dirt a bit for the ladies.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

Fantastic match from both guys. Grigor was far from his best but he was gutsy when he needed to be and always looked like he would find a way to win it. I like Marius and that was by far the best I've ever seen him play. He really should be top 100 at the very least but he needs to produce this level more often.

Good to see Grigor come through tight matches like these but he will need to up his level because he really shouldn't have been taken the distance here. A win is a win though. :yeah:

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Copil played great! Well done Grisha, Tomas next!

·
Registered
21,281 Posts

Dimitrov was too passive at times, but still I'm glad that he won. Credit to Popil, he played really well.

I doubt he'll beat Berdych but he'll definitely have his chances, I hope he can bring it against him

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

Who the fuck deleted the thread? :facepalm:

Anyway as i said, a great match by both players, very entertaining to watch, Marius played maybe the best match of his career, very agressive, very "ballsy" but too bad it didn't pay off in the end. Shame :(

Congrats Marius nontheless :hatoff: If only he would be more consistent
I'm guessing a mod tried to merge the threads and accidentally deleted one. :shrug:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Everyone who said Marius recieveing a Wild Card is a stupid decision can go and hide in their holes now :wavey:

·
23,063 Posts
Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. [WC] Copil 4-6 6-3 7-6(7)

This was the first time that I saw Copil if full play -- only read about him promoting a racket technology in the ATP site, and didn't know that he was a Young Gun (born in the 90s but he seriously looks older to me). Now, I have seen him and he has some game! Had crazy angles and daring enough to do 2nd Set Aces at Break Point! That said he has shown to be erratic and the reason probably why he hasn't been that much successful and with a a very low ranking for his abilities. Dimitrov was kind of passive but I guess was trying to play it safe for some reason I guess. He was being blown off the court although did have the needed shots. I hope I could see more of Copil here in the main tour as he has been quite promising and surprisingly another young player with a OHBH shows that it might not be extinct after all.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts