Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Marty McFly lookalike do anything here or will it be smooth sailing for the Japanese tennis genius?

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
kei in 2

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nishikori is too talented to play tennis.
You have a point. Assuming he doesn't get bored with this rudimentary sport though, he should really take this in 2 sets.

·
Premium Member
26,397 Posts
Can the Marty McFly lookalike do anything here or will it be smooth sailing for the Japanese tennis genius?
Goffin is everything but just not a Marty McFly lookalike. Nice try though

Nishikori in 2 sets like 6-4, 6-2

·
Registered
23,378 Posts
Genuinely the worst lookalike comparison I have ever seen.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Woah he didn't say he looked like Michael J Fox, he said he looked like Marty McFly. Now when I picture Marty McFly, I picture a guy who looked like David Goffin in a puffy jacket vest. Nothing inaccurate about this comparison. Nishikori in 2.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
this is gonna suck, a lot. Nishikori in 2.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,282 Posts
Their last meeting on hard court in Miami was 6-1 6-2, and Goffin held serve only twice in that match.
Goffin might feel 'comfy' on clay but again so does Nishikori. After Kei ripping through opposition in Barcelona, I can't see Goffin pull this one off. Two straight forward sets, unless Kei is really rusty on Madrid surface and needs time to find his game in which case a third is required (though highly unlikely)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The only way for David to beat Nishikori is to pound on him right off the bat and win it in straights. For that you'd have to assume that Nishikori is rusty as hell on the fast-ish clay of Madrid or/and feeling pain in the hip joint again. He did admit after the Barcelona final that that old injury had started bothering him again, saying "I'll have a week off until Madrid, so it should be okay." "It should be okay" from him has traditionally been a bad sign (e.g. after Miami QF 2014, Washington 2014, after Madrid SF 2014), but we'll see.

If it goes to the final set, David will have no chance against the literally GOAT final set warrior, I reckon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts