Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't exactly say this was deserved though I think Ferrer would have won the second had he lost the first. The reason for this: Ramos had 4 SPs in the first set, and on one of them Ferrer missed a sitter that was called in- and for some reason Ramos didn't challenge. Both players, especially Ferrer, were just terrible on important points- in the first set Ferrer had 4 BPs for a double break, missed them, broken immediately after. Then Ramos had 6-2 in the breaker and lost. Second was a train wreck and Ferrer choked in the end, with some ridiculous misses when 2 points from winning. Ferrer should have won basically every game in the third, could not convert most chances. Incredible miss on his 1st MP, but recovered.

Poor match from both overall. Ferrer will be killed by Isner if he plays like this in the round of 16. He really needs to pick it up, especially the return.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Re: (5) Ferrer def (WC) Ramos 7-6(6) 5-7 6-3

What a Spartan :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts

Very very lucky for Ferrer considering he would've lost the first set if the linesperson didn't get the call wrong.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts

Worst match of the season IMO. Ridiculous UE from both all day long, Ferrer was very lucky in the first set though.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts

97 unforced errors from two not very aggressive players. Eurgh. :sad:

NINETY SEVEN?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

LOL awful stuff from Ferrer. Overall a low quality match full of errors.:eek:

·
Registered
683 Posts

Well hopefully that was Ferrer's errorfest match of the tournament that's now out of the way...

51 unforced errors is unreal, especially considering how well he started the match - he should've been two breaks up then really. But a win's a win I guess. He won't be underestimating Isner if they meet so I expect his level will be better then.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
That was painful.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Ferrer is now 29 victories away from he 600 mark :D

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
meh. too bad, ramos should have won this!!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Pics, on fire. I thought from the beginning , he could make the final, after this match. He was making errors like Rafa.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts