·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:worship:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
He's coming for Roger. Probably he got an info who he can play in next match after the 1st set.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Bad start for Monfils with the injury and MTO after only 4 points. He played really poorly in that first set too.

Afterwards though he was actually finding the court and developed it into a nice performance if you remove the first set. Fucsovics was just pretty average throughout, he could've coasted to victory if Monfils didn't improve though.

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Even for Monfils standards that is a ridiculous shot

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Love me some Monfils tennis! I still don't understand why he, as a member of the Djokovic generation, is not a regular candidate for the big titles. He's got everything!

Happy to see him in the next round meeting Federer.

·
Registered
958 Posts
He's got everything!
This is where you're wrong and where the answer to your question lies. He doesn't have everything because everything includes the mindset and attitude of a champion. He's more of an entertainer than a killer. And all big 3 players are killers.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I thought TV commentators were the only ones who still believe Monfils' "injuries". Dude does it every other match.
And he also misses chunks of the season due to injury, same with Del Potro and Nishikori. It's not coincidence that these guys tend to have issues during matches.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That shot was something else. And I thought I saw everything...

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
958 Posts
And he also misses chunks of the season due to injury, same with Del Potro and Nishikori. It's not coincidence that these guys tend to have issues during matches.
If you've never seen Monfils act like he's hurt, lose a set and then out of nowhere start to get to every damn ball and turn the match around, then you've never watched tennis in your life.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
If you've never seen Monfils act like he's hurt, lose a set and then out of nowhere start to get to every damn ball and turn the match around, then you've never watched tennis in your life.
You didn't address my point, I didn't say he doesn't do it, I didn't say he does either, I'm not him, I don't know if he fakes or not, all I'm saying is that it's no coincidence that the guys that do what you claim are all injury prone players. Maybe they take more caution anytime they feel something.

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
So between Evil and Good, Evil won yesterday.

Fucsovics again with his regular choking... though it is annoying how the opponent gets into his head. Like in the Cecchinato match in Munich.
He would need a sports psychologist's help to address this.

Congrats for the clown, that is some extraord'ry shotmaking. Once in a blue moon, right?

·
Registered
958 Posts
You didn't address my point, I didn't say he doesn't do it, I didn't say he does either, I'm not him, I don't know if he fakes or not, all I'm saying is that it's no coincidence that the guys that do what you claim are all injury prone players. Maybe they take more caution anytime they feel something.
I'm not talking about any other guys. I'm talking about Monfils in particular. He might have real injuries, but he does what I mentioned above every other match. Go figure how he can "barely walk" one minute and get to the best drop shot out there and win the point.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I'm not talking about any other guys. I'm talking about Monfils in particular. He might have real injuries, but he does what I mentioned above every other match. Go figure how he can "barely walk" one minute and get to the best drop shot out there and win the point.
But it usually doesn't happen immediately after the injury. There's a lot of time lag and points played between the injury scare and the drop shot. Not saying he's innocent, just saying, I think it's more nuanced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts