·
Registered
3,815 Posts
23 winners and only 15 UEs in 16 games. :hearts:

GGL was at his mercy. Nshikori kept toying with him..Obliteration.. :woohoo:

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous ballstriking after a shaky start :eek: Hope he can keep it up. Next up is Raonic in rematch of the Tokyo 2012 final.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
His rise is limitless as long as fitness doesn't become a problem again. Never been concerned about Nishikori's tennis. There aren't too many players out there that can beat him when he's playing like this.

As commies said, GGL troubled Djokovic no end but had no answer here through no fault of his own.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
i want to see what he does on a slower clay like rome

but my god he's playing well on the clay this season. Obviously michael chang has imparted great advice and he's listened(and he'd be stupid not to). He's looking like a legitamate darkhorse at the french..lets just all cross our fingers and pray that he stays healthy long enough

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
i want to see what he does on a slower clay like rome

but my god he's playing well on the clay this season. Obviously michael chang has imparted great advice and he's listened(and he'd be stupid not to). He's looking like a legitamate darkhorse at the french..lets just all cross our fingers and pray that he stays healthy long enough
With his great defense, he'd be fine on slower clay playing like this. Of course, more running for him also means more chance for injury...

·
Registered
399 Posts
GGL looked right up there with Kei first five games. Stopped watching after GGL broke serve in the first set but apparently Kei caught serious fire after that.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Was a good match at the start, lovely ball striking at times. GGL then breaks, immediately gives it back to love, and loses eight games in a row. Not a collapse as such, he just managed to fail on every big point, and was far too defensive. Nishi couldn't miss, but GGL was playing utterly into his hands, too deep behind the baseline, opening up all the angles.

I'd like to have seen this match go the distance, if GGL had taken the first set, held his confidence, and kept good depth. He's just a sitting duck vs an on-form Nishi otherwise.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Clay conquerer :worship:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
amazing samurai :woohoo: please keep winning come on!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts