Mens Tennis Forums banner

Alcaraz vs Nadal

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
justice for all
17,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they will play on Wednesday exactly on Carlos' 18th birthday.

Would be nice if Carlos could work himself a nice birthday present and make it "the passing of the torch" moment. But I think Rafa will not give anything for free to his younger countryman.

What have you got, MTF?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Rafa will take him to school, but that's alright.

Pushing for Carlos here, though. Boy is an exciting young player. Not many of those for the last few -not that few tbh- years!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Something like 6-2 6-2 if Rafa takes it seriously. Maybe I am a little bit biased, because the last 3 matches of Alcaraz I watched were 3 defeats (Cilic, Tiafoe, Munar), but I cannot believe he can even get to the tiebreak here.

·
Registered
942 Posts
A passing of the torch is too much to ask, but maybe Carlos can keep it interesting for some time? An exciting match-up nonetheless. How big is the difference between the top 18-year-old and the (soon to be) top 35-year-old?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would be wonderful if Carlos could win of course, but Nadal will have his number probably something like 6/2 6/2 lets not forget he is a Spaniard and idolises Nadal.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I added my vote to make it more varied, not because I think Carlos has a chance. 😂

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
We'll see what Alcaraz is made of, no?

Will he fight or will he simper?

Will he make his mark or will he bow to his elder?

·
Your visions will happen
51,261 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Cool,Alcarazz has game to trouble current Rafa.4 years ago this match would've been ez pz,but now everything psb

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Would be nice to see the moment, but very unlikely.

We will definitely learn something about Alcaraz though - if he bends over as it’s his idol, that’s not a great look. If he ups his game as it’s his rival and a legend on his home court, then I think that’s a positive for the future.

Nadal 6-4, 6-3.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
This match has Hamburg 2003 Nadal vs Moya vibes, though I expect the same outcome: Rafa d. Carlos in straight sets

Reactions: Nortius Maximus
1 - 20 of 44 Posts