Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Pretty much another half-assed/serveboting/light training session and another tournament where Novak goes further than in 2018. Will go out in one of next 2 rounds imo.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I think Djokovic is not needed here to stop Nadal, many others can do it. We need him in Rome and in Roland Garros, so I hope he bombs out early.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
I think Djokovic is not needed here to stop Nadal, many others can do it. We need him in Rome and in Roland Garros, so I hope he bombs out early.
Your obsession with Djokovic stopping Nadal at RG is really annoying.

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
Well TBH being able to control that match in Madrid tricky fast conditions and against an opponent who already played 3 solid matches and whose surface favours the game is NOT THAT BAD.

No lapses, neither (a lot of) nerves.

That does not mean Nole can perform here and anyhow Roma and Paris are obviously a better deal both in quite similar conditions.

He is 32 now and trying to perform everywhere would be a huge error.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Your obsession with Djokovic stopping Nadal at RG is really annoying.
Well I've got news for you: he is the only fucking active player who has proven so far that he can do it. So my "obsession" is based on experience, where every other player failed stop the Spaniard, including Federer, Thiem, Wawrinka and Fognini.

Sure, Nadal sucks so far this clay season, but it isn't enough to say anybody else can stop him at RG. That would be foolish.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well I've got news for you: he is the only fucking active player who has proven so far that he can do it. So my "obsession" is based on experience, where every other player failed stop the Spaniard, including Federer, Thiem, Wawrinka and Fognini.

Sure, Nadal sucks so far this clay season, but it isn't enough to say anybody else can stop him at RG. That would be foolish.
Well I got news for you as well: he could only do it at his absolute peak with nadal being in the worst form of his career. Neither is djokovic as good as he was in 2015 nor is nadal as bad as then. So I doubt he can pull it off again.

I think that all of federer, wawrinka, Murray would’ve been able to beat nadal at this event. It was just a cincidence that he was in novak‘s quarter.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Well I got news for you as well: he could only do it at his absolute peak with nadal being in the worst form of his career. Neither is djokovic as good as he was in 2015 nor is nadal as bad as then. So I doubt he can pull it off again.

I think that all of federer, wawrinka, Murray would’ve been able to beat nadal at this event. It was just a cincidence that he was in novak‘s quarter.
Nonsense. Djokovic is the only one who can do it, just deal with it. Remember, that he was close already 2013, losing only because of bad luck. Who else was close? Even against Nadal in his worst shape?

Look, man, I'm as disgusted as anyone that such a giant douchbag like Djokovic is presumably our only hope to stop Nadal form #18. But remember, in the end its all about preserving Federers Slam record. And Nadal getting to #18 is way too dangerous, he could smell Federers blood then. And unlike Djokovic, he will never stop till his body falls apart. He was conditioned this way.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nonsense. Djokovic is the only one who can do it, just deal with it. Remember, that he was close already 2013, losing only because of bad luck. Who else was close? Even against Nadal in his worst shape?

Look, man, I'm as disgusted as anyone that such a giant douchbag like Djokovic is presumably our only hope to stop Nadal form #18. But remember, in the end its all about preserving Federers Slam record. And Nadal getting to #18 is way too dangerous, he could smell Federers blood then. And unlike Djokovic, he will never stop till his body falls apart. He was conditioned this way.
That "douchebag" could threaten Federers slam record one day too, that thought never came to your mind? Will you then pull a Slade and cheer for your beloved Rafa to stop Novak :D?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Yes he was close in 2013. but 2013 was one of nadal‘s best years so this comparison makes little sense. Murray destroyed him in 2015 in Madrid, wawrinka beat him pretty comfortably in Rome. Nadal was really bad in 2015, didn’t win anything above 250... just because djokovic beat him in the end, because he was the first top-5-guy he ran into doesn’t mean he is the only one who could’ve pulled it off.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

Curious did you recieve warning for wishing player ill/inury -or you get away one more time with it just because you're Fedtard?

Didn't watch this match, but R1 against Dimitrov Fritz served 15 aces. I guess he had bad serving day.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Fritz was playing well in the beginning, but after he didn't break back in the 1st set, his game fell into pieces.

Djoko was serving very well and was solid in overall, but better opponent is needed to judge his form.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts