·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three words: Difference in class.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The Stanimal can smell Nadals blood. I love it.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,608 Posts
Stan is an tough darkhorse in any draw. His serving was pretty insane at times, and was hitting the ball pretty heavy. Kei improved as the match wore on, but his returning wasn't good enough to really trouble Stan and Stan was not really in an erratic mood either for the most part. TB a shame Kei let loose some terrible errors, including a very poor smash.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Stan is still the most dangerous player on clay. Can beat anybody (except Nadal) easily when he is on.

Hopefully he can make a nice run at RG this year.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good match, better quality than the Federer - Monfils match. Comical dropshot from Nishikori going wide to give Stan another minibreak in the tiebreak though immediately after getting it back with that great backhand DTL winner right before.

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stan is still the most dangerous player on clay. Can beat anybody (except Nadal) easily when he is on.

Hopefully he can make a nice run at RG this year.
Stanislas Wawrinka trounced Rafael Nadal in Rome in 2015.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Stanislas Wawrinka trounced Rafael Nadal in Rome in 2015.
Well that first set was super close and yes he owned the second, but that was just 1 out of the 8 times they played on clay. He is definitely capable of beating Nadal, but I meant more on a regular basis.

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that first set was super close and yes he owned the second, but that was just 1 out of the 8 times they played on clay. He is definitely capable of beating Nadal, but I meant more on a regular basis.
You should mention Novak Djokovic's name in there, too, then. I wouldn't fancy Stanislas Wawrinka against either, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You should mention Novak Djokovic's name in there, too, then. I wouldn't fancy Stanislas Wawrinka against either, unfortunately.
Peak Stanimal>>> Peak Djokovic on clay easily. Just look at the 2015 match. Absolute peak Djokovic.

Djokovic can only win if Stan is off.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
The tournament is now more interesting without Nishikori. I’m hoping for Stanimal to show up but it’s really hard to say how he’ll do against Nadal

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peak Stanimal>>> Peak Djokovic on clay easily. Just look at the 2015 match. Absolute peak Djokovic.

Djokovic can only win if Stan is off.
Of course, peak for peak you are correct, I'd say. However, the guy was talking about on a more "regular basis". Regarding the latter, I'd give Novak Djokovic 6-8/10 versus Stanislas Wawrinka.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts