Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sijsling on a rampage since he dropped his coach, handing out breadsticks left and right and now takes out a top 20 player on his worst surface, snapping his eight match losing streak :worship:

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I couldn't see the match.

What happened to Haas? I thought playing Sijsling on clay was a BYE for his opponents, but being up a set and still losing? Retire, Fossil. :sad:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I don't think Clay is his worst services with his game.. But he didn't choke this time :)

On the other hand Tommy now lacks motivation, looks half assed. Should retire already

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

What happened to Haas? I thought playing Sijsling on clay was a BYE for his opponents, but being up a set and still losing? Retire, Fossil. :sad:
Probably Tommy has still shoulder problems. He played badly against Klizan last week.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
It might have looked like Haas tanking in 2nd set but Sijsling was goating.

If it had to be Tommy losing here I'm glad it was Sijsling.
Some great heavy artillery by both, shame Tommy couldn't keep it up.

Tommy was a bit worried about the shoulder during changepvers but I don't think it was serious or that it was the reason for his loss. It's no secret that he will have to endure some itching in that damn shoulder for the rest of his career.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he injured his shoulder again after throwing his racket.
I don't think Clay is his worst services with his game.. But he didn't choke this time :)

On the other hand Tommy now lacks motivation, looks half assed. Should retire already
A big no to both those statements.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I watched the first set before switching over to the Clownbis match. Thought it would be a routine win for Haas. :confused:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
haas :facepalm: i really expected him to win this match... :unsure:

·
Registered
7,216 Posts

Not even gonna bother debunking ignorant statements.

Everytime I see ridiculous comments like this, I wonder if they ever saw Tommy play.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
:unsure: His game is actually perfectly suited for everything except clay.
Really, I thought he's better on clay than outside hard courts. I remember when he was 19 he took clay courters to 3 sets and lost to some unrank blokes on outside hardcourts etc.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

It's sad, but looks like playing Haas this year is actually a bye for almost everybody in every surface. :facepalm:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Sijsling is not the easiest bye on clay on the tour simply because most Inland Euros are pretty decent movers on the surface. His game is obviously made for grass and indoors though.

I think this is just a case of Haas nearing the end. Better pick that tournament you will retire at, you nut.

Wimbledon doesn't sound too bad right now.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
It's sad, but looks like playing Haas this year is actually a bye for almost everybody in every surface. :facepalm:
Yet he somehow straight setted Nishikori this year.

In any case, I'm very relieved the Foss won't be ruining his H2H with Rafa.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Fossil what is this shit :facepalm:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts