~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Re: Madrid R2: (5) Raonic def. Monaco 6-3 6-4

Awww, Pico. Not even a tiebreak?

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Ugh.
Such a pity! Robotnic did not give Monaco any rhytm :sad: I was rooting for the argie but nothing he could do with those serves.
As for Raonic, maaan, it is true he's now more consistent in every aspect of his game but he has become such a bore now! I liked it better when he was younger, at least he could do something else than serve. :eek: I can't wait someone exposes him on clay. Boo

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Milosh advancing as deep as possible in both remaining clay masters will prove very crucial in deciding future of Nadal and ultimately Tennis.

#SupportRaonic.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
He's defended his points from last year, anything else now is just gravy.

·
Registered
13,799 Posts
I'm still not sure that he's 100% (went to the serve/volley a bit more than usual), but the most important thing here is his foot looked much better. It was a far cry from him hobbling around in Monte Carlo. As for the match itself, he just had too much firepower for Monaco in this one, which is hardly surprising.

Mayer/Lopez next in R16. He could possibly have a pretty good run this week.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I guess the servebot must have broken serve with his serve.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Milos has come a fair way since these 2 met at the French Open a few years ago and lost to Monaco in 5 sets....

... Oh,and one other minor detail... he NEVER EVER broke Monaco's serve in that match.Over 5 sets!!!.. On clay.

Onwards and upwards to that Number 4/5 ranking ;)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
Mayer/Lopez next in R16. He could possibly have a pretty good run this week.
Mayer's the better claycourter of the two and could pose an interesting challenge.
Lopez I can't see advancing given that battle with Becker.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Milos has come a fair way since these 2 met at the French Open a few years ago and lost to Monaco in 5 sets....

... Oh,and one other minor detail... he NEVER EVER broke Monaco's serve in that match.Over 5 sets!!!.. On clay.

Onwards and upwards to that Number 4/5 ranking ;)
Yup two breaks today by Raonic are the first ones against Monaco in two and a half matches. Don't forget their last match was the Shanghai event that Raonic had the flu and retired once down 5-2 in the first set.

·
Registered
68,117 Posts
nid, but well done milos :)

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
Reactions: norwood_10

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·