Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really didnt think lleyton would push santi this hard on clay but good on him to get the win in the end. He's playing well right now

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
The shirt thing was ewww, but good on Santi for getting the win. His next match vs Jo will be an interesting one (and far from a done deal for Jo).

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shirt thing was ewww, but good on Santi for getting the win. His next match vs Jo will be an interesting one (and far from a done deal for Jo).
what shirt thing? if your talking about shirt change im not complaining about seeing shirtless santi.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
what shirt thing? if your talking about shirt change im not complaining about seeing shirtless santi.
Between sets 2 and 3, he went over to his box and demanded a fresh shirt off the back of one of his friends. He gave him his old sweaty shirt in exchange (which said friend then put on and proceeded to wear).

It was eww to me, lol, but YMMV.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Between sets 2 and 3, he went over to his box and demanded a fresh shirt off the back of one of his friends. He gave him his old sweaty shirt in exchange (which said friend then put on and proceeded to wear).

It was eww to me, lol, but YMMV.
oh i didnt see that. Yeah then that, i would have to say is pretty disgusting. Santi shirtless i will always enjoy seeing but that little exchange your describing is gross.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
wow giraldo having some good wins lately...well done
lleyton :hug:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Anyone knows why HEwitt is Out of Rome? With the withdrawals he will be in already

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
some dips in level from Santi but he was clearly better on clay today, Hewitt just not consistent enough, fell apart in key moments and couldn't keep it straight, Giraldo went for broke but converted enough to win in the end

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Giraldo beats 80% of all clay old men, but weak era heroes are surprised? We're in a consistent top 25 era. Deal.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Giraldo beats 80% of all clay old men, but weak era heroes are surprised? We're in a consistent top 25 era. Deal.
Giraldo has been playing since "weak era" years, like 2004 and still Hewitt is by now ranked higher than him

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Giraldo's 26. What old weak player? He looks handsome and didn't throw it away to average weak era clay players. Too bad.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Giraldo has been playing since "weak era" years, like 2004 and still Hewitt is by now ranked higher than him

:rolleyes:
Giraldo was 16/17 in 2004... He was nowhere to be found on the ATP until 2010.

But yes, he's completely useless in comparison to Hewitt. His technique is unbearable to my eye.

·
F***ing have it
17,470 Posts
Santi :inlove:

·
23,064 Posts
Nice to see Giraldo keeping his momentum, although I am still doubtful on his form as he seems to only had a "good match" against Almagro while others have been good breaks for him in Barcelona (retirements, close to be defeated by matchpoints, etc.), so I would rather say his is carrying here (did have good results in other Clay tournaments too).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts